Separation

"Dr Stein! Marie-sensei! Are you okay?" yelled Maka. "Yes, we are! How about you?" called Marie-sensei. "ARGH! THERE'S A CUT ON MY LEFT HAND! WHY IS IT ONLY ON MY LEFT HAND?!! NOOOOOO!HOW CAN I BE SUCH A PIG?!!" came the reply. Maka sighed. "Yes, we're fine," she said. "You have no choice but to go on by yourselves. We'll try to get across as soon as possible," shouted Stein from the other side of the wall of rocks blocking us from each other. I groaned in frustration. That meant that whoever we're fighting against will succeed in separating us from the adults. "Well, they're wrong to underestimate us kids! Just because we're separated from our teachers doesn't mean we can't fight!" said Liz. "Yeah! We've done it before and we'll do it again! Right, Onee-chan? Heehee," said her sister. 

Oh, right. My friends have fought by themselves a lot of times before. Maka even took out the kishin once. I shouldn't worry. They'll soon regret they underestimated us.

We continued down the tunnels, my blades glowing brighter and brighter. "So you kids really decided to come, huh? Even brought our key with you. How convenient," a deep male voice said. A big man wearing a mask stood in front of us. "A dust puppet?" I wondered. I glanced over at Maka. She was gritting her teeth and glaring furiously at him. Where has she seen the man before? At the party? 

Everyone stood ready to fight. What is the man going to do now? "Where are you keeping our friend?" said Maka. "Shut up, little girl. I'm not here to answer any questions. Unfortunately for you, I'm only here for the Tsukino girl," he said. Suddenly, about a lot of dust puppets appeared behind him.  "See you later, brats," said the man before disappearing. 

"Dust puppets? They should really stop using the same attack against us," said Black Star. Maka swung her scythe to strike a puppet. It blocked her blow with its arm. "What?" said Maka. Her blow didn't cut through like it was supposed to. She leapt back just as something black shot out at her from the puppets back. Long black tentacles emerged from every puppets' back. "Black blood!" said Maka. "It's Crona's blood!" she said. "Shoot, what did they do to her?" said her weapon. 

The tentacles shot out and grabbed my legs and wrists, pulling me down and dragging me down the tunnel. I would have attacked them with my blades but they were holding me too tightly. All of a sudden, the puppet who was holding me exploded. Black blood flew everywhere. "Black Star?" I said, looking up at the blue-haired idiot who had actually saved me for once. "Thanks," I said as he helped me up. Another puppet behind me exploded. "Sorry for taking so long to get here," said our mad scientist of a teacher. "Black Star and I will stay back to take care of all these puppets. The rest of you go, including you, Tsubaki. Black Star won't need you for hand-to-hand combat," said Stein. Tsubaki transformed back into her human form before the rest of us ran down the tunnel, following Marie-sensei. 

Author's Note: Sorry I was so slow to update. I just came back from Australia a few days ago. Thank you to all of you who are still reading this fanfiction. I would really appreciate it if you just comment about what you think about my writing. Thanks a lot.