The Day of The Party (Part 2)

Reader's POV

We all went to Kid's place so that Liz and Patty could make sure we looked our best. Maka wore a dark red dress. Tsubaki wore a beautiful light blue dress that ended just above her ankles. Liz and Patty were both wearing identical sleevless red dresses, except Patty's dress was knee-length while Liz's reached her ankles. I wore the (f/c)-coloured dress that we had bought the other day. "Wow, (y/n)! You look great!" complimented Tsubaki. "Hey, where's Crona?" I asked. "She's right here," said Maka, leading a dressed-up Crona into the room. Crona was wearing a dress that looked pretty much like the one she usually wears but without the buttoned sleeves. The top part was different too. Instead of white, the top part had purple ruffles that began at her neck and reached past her shoulders. "Well, what do you know? Crona's a girl," said Liz. Crona blushed. "I don't know how to deal with this!" she said. "Don't worry, Crona. You look great," I assured her. She blushed and thanked me.

We went outside to meet the boys. Soul was wearing a red and black suit. When I looked closer, I realised that his outfit matched Maka's. Did Liz make sure they chose matching outfits on purpose? Black Star...was dressed sloppily as usual. Next to Tsubaki, he looked like someone who lives in a dumpster. Kid was wearing a simple (and symmetrical) white suit. "You look great, Kid," I said. He thanked me politely. Wait, was he blushing?

We arrived at the DMWa, which was already packed with people. I saw Ox by the doors trying to persuade Kim to go as his date. Stein was standing next to Marie. "Oh my, Dr Stein!" I gasped. He was dressed in a white and gray tuxedo. It was kind of weird to see our mad scientist of a teacher dressed formally but he didn't look bad either. Marie-sensei was dressed in a beautiful white and yellow dress. 

Marie-sensei immediately began fussing over Crona's dress. We moved on to the ballroom. As I passed Marie, I winked and mouthed the words 'Good luck with Stein" at her. She blushed and was about to protest but her voice was drowned out by the music playing in the room. 

Kid and his partners were dancing a really weired (symmetrical) dance. "Lift your arm 100 degrees!" said Kid, his partners obediently following his orders. I giggled. Black Star was wolfing down the food while Tsubaki watched. Crona, Soul and Maka were near the punch bowl. I looked around at the room full of people and sighed. A painful memory came stinging back at me. I shook it off. I won't let my friends see me sad on a day like this. 

Author's Note: Crona's dress was meant to look like her manga outfit. Yes, I did make Crona a girl. I tried my best to keep her gender neutral so that male Crona fans would be pleased too but it was getting hard to keep on avoiding gender pronouns. Besides, there aren't enough female Crona fanfics out there. Sorry to all male Crona fans and thank you for reading. Please comment!