Ivory Dance

Kid's POV

(Y/n) was standing in front of me in an (f/c)- coloured dress. We were in a huge room that looked like a ballroom. The floor was checkered white and black and pale moonlight streamed through a large window behind (y/n). A strange tune played from an ivory white piano beside the window. A white butterfly suddenly flew past me. 

"Oh, look at that butterfly! What beautiful symmetry!" I said. (Y/n) laughed. Her hair was longer and had turned a silver-white colour. But her eyes were still the same (e/c). 

"(Y/n), what are you doing? That was really reckless," I said. "I had no choice. If I hadn't done that, the Yuki Onna would have destroyed half of the country by now," she said. I grabbed her hand. It was cold like ice. 

I put one arm around her waist. Her face turned as red as a tomato. "Kid, what are you..." "You owe me a dance since you ran off during the party the other day," I said. "B-but, s-seriously? Why now of all times?" she said. I shrugged. "I think you need some time to think before you defeat the Yuki Onna."

Soon, she began following my steps as we danced to the tinkling melody of the piano. When I looked at her face, I could tell she was screaming internally, " KID! WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!!" "(Y/n), you need to stop running off from us. Don't you know we're your friends?" I said. "I don't want to get any of you involved in my problems," she said. "Like I said, we're your friends. That makes it our problem. And don't forget that this whole thing could affect the whole world. You can't save the world on your own," I said. "You've been running off on your own for a while now, trying to fight on your own so that others don't have to help you and get hurt."

"You can only take so much, (y/n). We've all decided to help you and we are not leaving until you defeat the Yuki Onna forever and come back safely." I gripped her icy hand. "I'm here with you and I won't let you fight your demons on your own," I said. 

(Y/n) looked up at me and smiled. "I'm happy, Kid. I really am. And you've already done so much for me," she said. A wind began blowing through the room. "Now, it's my turn to fight for you. Don't worry. Because of what you've said to me, I know that I'm not fighting alone," she said.

"(Y/n), what are you doing?" my voice, rising in panic as I began to be dragged away from her. "Thank you," she said as my hand slipped from hers and everything faded to black. 

Author's Note: Thank you so much to all my readers. I'm hoping to reach 2k reads soon. Thank you to all of you who comment on my story. I really appreciate all the votes too. I hope to finish this story soon so that I can get started on another fanfic. Also, I don't ship Kid and Liz but I just thought the picture fit well with the chapter so yeah.