Fallen Petals

3rd Person POV

"I didn't shoot to kill her. Maybe we can get information out of her," said Kid. "Good," said Maka, walking over and grabbing the woman by the collar. She was already regaining consciousness. "Where. Is. Crona," growled Maka, a menacing look in her green eyes. (y/n) pointed a blade at the woman. "You'd better tell us," she said. 

The woman only continued smiling when suddenly, someone so fast that he looked like a blur grabbed the woman away from them. "Oh, you're back already, Noh-san? Did you get rid of the crazy scientist and the brat?" she asked the man wearing the white mask. "Yes, I did, Ankoku-san," he replied. More dust puppets, this time with black blood in them, emerged from the entrance. 

Maka, (y/n) and Kid immediately started fighting them but they kept coming. "Tsubaki! Transform so that we can fight that woman! If we knock her out, the dust puppets will stop!" yelled Marie-sensei. The multi-weapon, however, was only stood frozen to the spot, staring at the woman and the man. "When you said that you got rid of the scientist and the brat...you didn't..." she said, her voice trembling. "Yes, I did. The scientist is probably consumed by madness right now and the brat is dead," he replied. "Why you! You'll pay for that! Tsubaki, let's fight him!" yelled Marie-sensei, her fists clenched and shaking hard. "You couldn't have...you didn't...Black Star would never..." said the black-haired weapon. 

Suddenly, Maka screamed and fell backwards. Luckily, Soul moved to block an attack from a dust puppet just in time. "Maka, what happened?" yelled Kid. "I...just before we left Dr Stein and Black Star, I established a Soul connection so that I could keep track of their souls. But...I've lost Black Star," she said. "You could've just lost the connection right?" said Soul as his meister got up to continue fighting. "No. I'm still connected to Dr Stein and I know what it feels like when I lose connection to a soul. This is different. This is the feeling of...someone dying," said Maka, her voice hollow. 

"(y/n)!" yelled Kid when a dust puppet wrapped its tentacles around her torso. She struggled hard against it but her blades were pinned to her sides.

"No...you didn't. Black Star..." said Tsubaki as dust puppets began to surround her and Marie. "I killed him. He's dead. Is it that hard to accept?" said the man. Tsubaki suddenly got up and tore through the dust puppets, transforming partially into a chain and sickle. She cut through the dust puppet holding (y/n). Her friends watched in horror as Tsubaki took out all the dust puppets in her way until she reached the man. She tried to slash him but he grabbed her weapon arm. She screamed as he crushed her weapon in his hand. 

"Are you done yet?" he asked. Tsubaki knelt on the ground helplessly. Then, she began laughing. Her laughter grew louder and louder as she looked up at the ceiling, her eyes wide with madness. 

Author's Note: I love Tsubaki. She's such an underrated character and I think the show could have focused on her a bit more. Her brother did not think much of her, saying that she was just 'a flower with no fragrance'. I can relate to that. People tend to think I'm just quiet and boring even though that's not who I am inside. I also wished we could have seen Tsubaki get taken over by madness. It's interesting to see a soft-spoken character like her show her dark side (especially if it's because of losing Black Star). BTW, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VOTING. I LOVE YOU GUYS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE IT.