Scarlet Flowers in The Snow

The scene around me began to change again. "Yuuki nee-chan...was that really the Yuki Onna?" I asked. She nodded and said "Now, you must face her again. You'll stop her. I know you will." I reached out for my sister's hand but all my fingers met was thin air. 

I was now standing in the middle of a snowstorm and standing before me was the Yuki Onna. Her long white hair still covered her face. "Now you know why I want to take my revenge. This cruel world doesn't deserve to exist," she said, her voice cold as ice. 

"She loved you, you know," I said. "Shiragiku still loved you." The Yuki Onna rushed towards me and grabbed my neck. I could see one red eye peeking out of her curtain of hair. "Lies," she said. "No. I'm telling the truth," I replied, touching her forehead and transferring the final memory that Yuuki had passed on to me. 

Once her father had thrown her sister out into the snow and closed the door, Shiragiku began screaming. "How could you, Father?" she shouted. Her fiancé had to hold her back. "She's not a demon child! If anyone's a monster, you are!" she screamed. She was silenced by a blow to the back of her head by her fiancé. "Troublesome girl. Come on. Let's get out of here," said her father.

"Onee-sama...," said the Yuki Onna, her voice beginning to become softer. "She still loved me?" I nodded. Finally, she broke down and fell to her knees. I hugged the young girl as the vicious snowstorm raged on. This was the storm in her heart, I realised. "But it doesn't matter now! She's gone and I'm all alone now!" "No, you aren't. I'm here and I'm your part of your family. I'm a Tsukino too," I said, stroking her head. She looked up at me, tears of blood streaming from her scarlet eyes. The scarred eyes of a lonely little girl. I hugged her closer. "It's okay. You can let go of it all now. I'm here," I soothed her.  

"It's time for you to go. Then all the souls that have been stuck with you all these years can pass on too. And you can see your sister again," I said. I smiled at her and took off my hoodie, draping it around her body. Slowly, the Yuki Onna stood up. Her blood looked like scarlet flowers blooming against the whiteness of her kimono and hair. Scarlet flowers in the snow. She turned and gave me one last smile. "Thank you. Goodbye, (y/n)," she said. 

As the storm calmed around us and her soul began to fade away, I replied," Goodbye, Tsukino Yui." I giggled to myself. When she opened her eyes to look at me for the last time, I could have sworn that just for a moment, I saw the shining blue eyes of the girl with the snow white hair.

Author's Note: So there you have it! The reason why I chose Tsukino to be (y/n)'s last name. Even though it is Sailor Moon's last name, I just thought Tsukino Yui sounded really good. Yuuki's name is supposed to mean courage, which fits her since she's the one that helps (y/n) to get the courage to save the Yuki Onna.