Soul

Reader's POV

A black piano stood in the shop, gleaming in the afternoon light. I pushed the store's door open and walked over to the piano. My fingers grazed the ivory keys. I smiled. The keys seemed to smile back at me like an old friend. I asked the shopkeeper if I could try out the piano. He told me to go ahead. I sat down and began playing a soft tune. I've become a bit rusty as it has been a very long time since I've last played but the song seemed to ring through my being with its familiarity. What should I expect? After all, I've always loved this song as a kid...

"You play the piano?" a familiar voice said. I stopped playing and turned to see Soul standing behind me. "Yeah. I heard you play too,"I said. "Your playing seems a little rusty but you play well. Try again but be careful not to let your fingers slip," he said. I did as he told me to. "That's better," commented Soul. "but try not to bang the keys so hard..."

We left the store after an hour and a half spent playing the piano. I stretched and yawned. "Man, that was fun,"I said. "Yeah," said Soul, turning to walk in another direction. "Hey, Soul," I said. He stopped and turned. "Can we do this again some time?"I asked. He paused for a moment before shrugging and replying,"Sure, why not?"