Failure

Maka POV

"Soul Resonance!" I yelled. I slashed my way through a group of dust puppets furiously, cutting every single one in my way. "Maka! Calm down!" warned Soul. I paused, panting. I swung soul, slicing the puppets behind me that were already growing back. 

They're not taking Crona away. I won't let them. We ran outside the school building. A woman's figure stood silhouetted in the moonlight. She was carrying Crona like a sack over one shoulder. Her white smirk glinted sinisterly at me. I charged towards her, shouting. A masked man jumped in front of me, blocking my blow with his arm. Blood trickled down his arm. He was not a dust puppet.

He jumped towards a woman who was now gathering a cloud of dust around her. They began speeding away down the stairs on the cloud. I ran after them. "Maka, stop!" yelled Soul. The ground in front of me exploded and I was thrown backwards. "Crona!" I screamed as the DMWA's attackers vanished into the night.

Author's Note: Sorry for all the angst lately. The story's not about to get any happier just yet. Please just bear with me. Also, I may not be able to post for a very long time since I have my finals coming up. Then, I'm going to be away for a month. Sorry and thank you to all my readers!