Caught Between a Door and a Cold Place

Author's Note: Thank you so much, guys! I can't believe I got 1.1 K reads AND some votes AND some people who even added this story to their library. Sorry I haven't been updating lately because TESTS! Anyway, here's the next chapter.

BTW, (y/r/n) means 'your real name'.

Maka's POV

I turned around when I heard a voice calling out. "Law Abiding Silver Gun!" I heard the same voice yell before a bright light shot through the fog. As it began clearing away, I could see a familiar face standing near the entrance. "(y/r/n)!"yelled Justin Law, the guillotine Death Scythe. "Justin! What are you doing here?" yelled Soul. 

"Maka! They took (y/n). Can you try finding her soul wavelength?" said Kid. "But I shouldn't be able to sense anything down here," I told him. "Your soul perception abilities are more powerful than mine. Maybe you can sense her before they take her too far away," he told me. I nodded. "Soul, let's resonate. Help me find (y/n)," I said. 

Immediately, our soul wavelengths began to resonate. I tried to find (y/n)'s soul. But with the Yuki Onna's wavelength covering my senses, it was like trying to reach through a wall of thick goop. I gripped Soul harder. Suddenly, the wall seemed to collapse and I was able to see everyone's souls clearly. "I see her! She's in the room on our right!" I said. But I also saw something else. In the room on our left was Crona. 

"Soul, I found Crona!" I exclaimed. "What? Where?" he said before the same grating noise that we had heard before pierced our ears. The stone doors on either side of the room were closing again. "Where is that creepy joker lady?" yelled Black Star. "She's gone!" Kid replied. "I'll stay here with Tsubaki. You guys go!" said Marie-sensei. "But Marie..." Stein began to protest. "Just go!"

Justin, Stein, Black Star and Kid ran towards the door on the right. I could feel the cold air blowing from that door. "Maka, come on!" called Black Star.

But I wasn't listening. I stared at the closing door on the left. Crona's there. I have to save her. "Maka!" I heard one of my friends call. I looked at them. How about the others? I can't let them like that. I glanced around the room at the fallen dust puppets, now nothing more than piles of dust and pools of black blood. But that Ankoku lady used Crona's blood for her dust puppets. How long can she last after losing that much blood. 

"Maka!" I heard Soul yell. "Crona," I thought, looking at the door on my left "or (y/n) and the others?"

Author's Note: Thank you again to all my readers. I really appreciate your votes and comments > <