First Day of School

Reader's POV

I sat in between Kid and Maka during first period. I looked around at the rows of students chatting and laughing before class started. Nostalgia rose up in my chest. I bit my lip, shoving the memories back down. Suddenly, a chair with wheels zoomed into the classroom and toppled over when it hit the raised area of the floor. A man with silver hair and glasses got up, still sitting on the chair. He turned...is that a screw?! on the left side of his head. His glasses glinted as he said, "Now, who shall I dissect today?" 

Who is this guy? What does he mean by 'dissect'? He turned to me, glasses gleaming. "So, you're the new student. I am Doctor Stein and I am your teacher," he said. What! Teacher? This guy is our teacher? Doctor Stein told me to come to the front of the classroom to introduce myself. I stuffed my hands in my hoodie pockets and walked to the front of the classroom.

"Hello. I am (l/n)(y/n)," I said. "Okay, (y/n). Show us what you can do," said Dr Stein. I extended my arm, letting the sword blade grow out of my arm. Some of the students began whispering excitedly and pointing at me. "You're a weapon. Try transforming completely," said Dr Stein. I took a deep breath before turning into a (f/c) beam of light and flying into Dr Stein's hands. I materialised into a silver sword. It's been a long time since I last let a meister hold me in her hands...

Dr Stein wielded me, trying out a few sword moves. I could hear Kid yell," You're not wielding her symmetrically!" Dr Stein let me transform back into my human form and asked who my meister was. "I don't really have one. I fight on my own," I replied rather sheepishly. Gasps rippled through the classroom. Students began talking to one another about me.

"Are you sure you are capable of fighting by yourself?" asked Stein. "Well, I guess I am kind of used to it," I replied. Dr Stein looked at me. His glasses weren't glinting and I could see his stern gray eyes. "Let's see how well you do against me." Without warning, he charged towards me. I jumped out of the way just before he hit me. I extended my sword blades, ready to fight. I attacked him but he grabbed my arm and flipped me over his shoulder. I managed to land on my feet and slid several inches across the floor. I glanced at him. He was ready for my next move. I ran towards him again, dodging his next attack and trying to attack him from the side.

Stein POV

Hm. This new student does seem to be quite good at fighting on her own. She tries to come at me from the side. I try to hit her again but she dodges my attack. Now she is trying to get me from behind. She's good but not good enough. I turn and prepare to block her attack. My eyes widen. Her sword blades have grown longer and are now glowing a bright (f/c). Impossible! Is this soul resonance? I duck and sweep my legs, knocking her down. She lands on her back with a thud and I help her up. "Thanks," she says, rubbing the back of her head. She returns to her seat, the eyes of all the students, who have suddenly gone silent, following her. " (y/n), what was that?" asks Kid, his face a mixture of shock and puzzlement. She looks around and the quiet students gazing at her in fear. "I don't know," she replies quietly.

Author's Note: Hi. I hope this chapter was good too. I chose the picture of the gang exercising because I just wanted to ask something. Is it just me or does Kid remind me of Yato from Noragami (the clothes I mean)?