Wavelengths of the Tsukinos

Reader's POV

I landed in a dark tunnel. The only light came from my glowing blades. I heard Maka, Soul and Kid drop behind me. Stein gave us an 'all clear' sign before continuing down the tunnel. Soon, we could see a dim light at the end of the tunnel. My friends' eyes widened when they saw what was at the end. We were overlooking a vast area underground. Torches lined the walls, providing a dim light for us to see. Although it was all destroyed years ago, remnants of the village still remained. Pieces of stone that used to be houses were strewn on the ground. Bits of pottery were sticking out of the ground and a broken porcelain doll lay half buried in the dirt. Only one building remained-a feudal lord's castle in the centre of it all. 

"Welcome to the Yuki Onna's village," I said. 

"Is Crona in that palace?" asked Maka. I nodded."Same place as where they keep the Yuki Onna," I said. We gathered around to form our plan. "I've been here before but I don't know the inside of the castle at all since they blindfolded us on the way to the Yuki Onna's chamber. I'm not sure where they would be keeping Crona," I said. "How about the Yuki Onna? Do you know where they're keeping her?" asked Dr Stein. "That shouldn't be a problem," said Marie-sensei, pointing at my blades. They were still withdrawn and glowing. "Your blades have been glowing brighter as we got closer to this place," continued our teacher. "Your blades glow brighter the closer we get to the Yuki Onna," said Maka. Her eyes widened and she stumbled backwards. Soul caught her arm. "Oy, Maka! Are you okay?" he asked. His meister nodded and said, "(y/n), I used my Soul Perception when your blades began glowing back there. I wasn't sure what it was before but now I am. There's another soul's wavelength resonating with yours. That's where your 'Independent Soul Resonance' came from. Your soul has been resonating with the Yuki Onna's the whole time!"

"But to be able to resonate with another soul from the other side of the planet...it must be an incredibly powerful soul wavelength," said Tsubaki. So that was what it was. The nightmares I had about this place, the independent soul resonance, the strange feeling that I was being drawn to this place...the Yuki Onna has been calling to me all this time.

Maka looked at the palace, trying to use her Soul Perception to spot the Yuki Onna. However, she could not see her. "What? How can someone with such a strong Soul Perception like Maka not be able to sense such a powerful soul?" asked Tsubaki, confused. "Maybe that's because she's not as powerful as I am, the awesome Black Star!" boasted her partner. I sighed. As if he could do any better. 

"Guys, why can I barely sense anyone else's souls in there?" asked Maka. "That must be because the Yuki Onna's wavelength is so strong that it's blocking any other souls' wavelengths in the palace...or there might not be anyone in there," said Dr Stein. "But we know that the Yuki Onna is somewhere nearby since my blades are glowing," I said. Soul sighed and said,"Then I guess we're going to have to depend on (y/n) to find the Yuki Onna and hope that Crona is somewhere nearby."