Struggle Against the Yuki Onna

Reader's POV

The room began to dissolve into darkness. She was here. I could feel it. I turned to see a woman whose long white hair marred by a few spots of blood covered her face. She was wearing a white kimono that was also bloodstained. 

"Why don't you join me, my vessel? Help me take revenge on the world," her chilling voice said. "Why are you doing this? What's wrong with you?" I asked. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with the world? This cruel world doesn't deserve to exist," she said. 

"Your whole life you and your family were hiding. You never got the chance to make friends with other kids. When you ran away from your uncle and cousin, you felt alone, too, didn't you? Life was hard out on the streets. You almost never got the chance to make friends. Even when you do, you eventually push them away to protect them. You're just like me, destined to be alone forever," the Yuki Onna said.

"Shut up! You don't know anything about me!" I yelled.

"Do you really think resisting me will stop me from getting my revenge? I will take over you whether you like it or not. Then, your so-called friends will be erased with the rest of the world. You'll be stuck in the darkness of my soul, forever alone," she said.

"Shut up!" I shouted. "Just go away!" I covered my ears and closed my eyes. 

"Go away? Is that really what you want me to do, (y/n)?" 

My eyes flew open at the familiar and lively voice. I was now in a traditional Japanese bedroom. It was the Yuki Onna's bedroom, which looked exactly the same as it did centuries ago. I opened a sliding door. A beautiful blue sky greeted me. Sunflowers looked up at the sky as if they were catching the golden light of the sun, their bright yellow petals seeming to have absorbed the sunlight. 

The sunflowers swayed gently in the breeze. It was just like the field I used to play in when I was younger. In the middle of the field of sunflowers, looking exactly the way she did all those years ago, stood a girl with shoulder length blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Tears rolled down my cheeks. "Onee-chan!" I cried. My sister laughed and caught me as I leapt into her arms. "Yuuki nee-chan!" I said, hugging her tightly. I was an eleven-year-old kid again. I held on to my sister. I thought about the last time I could smile with her like this. This endless field of yellow...a clear, sunny day...it felt like a lifetime since I've been able to experience this kind of happy moments.

"Listen to me, you have to stop the Yuki Onna. I'll help you. All these years, my soul has been trapped in the Yuki Onna's soul along with the other failed vessels. I know some things about her that you need to know," she said, stroking my hair gently.

Author's Note: Hi! Sorry it's been some time since my last update. The picture above is what Yuuki Tsukino (the reader's sister) looks like. Hope you're enjoying this story so far. Thanks for all the votes!