The Reaper's Secret (Part 1)

Reader's POV

We ran, following Marie-sensei. My blades glowed brighter and brighter as we ran. We were getting closer to the Yuki Onna but why do I have a feeling that something bad is waiting for us down this tunnel? 

"(y/n)!" yelled Kid. I stopped running and sliced the dust puppet behind me. More of them were coming. We cut through them as fast as we could and continued down the tunnel. We turned a corner and were surprised to find ourselves in a huge hall. On the other end of the hall was the hooded figure that took Crona away before. My blades were glowing so brightly that I felt my arms beginning to shake because of the strength of the soul resonance. "The Yuki Onna must be close. But where is she?" I thought. 

"Maka, are you okay?" said a voice. Soul, back in his human form, was supporting Maka, who had blood trickling down one leg. "I'm fine, Soul. I can still fight," she said.

The figure pulled back its hood to reveal a Japanese woman's face. She was beautiful with her pale skin and long black hair that fell past her shoulders. If Maka's dad were here, he'd probably be all over her in less than a second. I clenched my fists, ready to fight. "Give me the Tsukino girl and I'll give you back your friend," she said, her face emotionless and unreadable. "No way! We are not handing her over to you!" yelled Marie-sensei. "Ah, I see," the woman said. "You aren't going to go quietly, aren't you?" she said. 

She walked across the hall to us, letting her hood fall to the ground to reveal a white kimono. She approached Soul and drew a finger up his chest. I could see Maka trying her best not to punch her. The woman lifted his chin to face her. "Am I pretty?" she asked him, her voice silky and smooth. "NO, YOU'RE NOT! ONE OF YOUR EYEBROWS IS A HALF MILLIMETER HIGHER THAN THE OTHER ONE!" yelled Kid. We all sweatdropped. "Um, yes, I guess," said Soul. Now, Maka looked like she was going to wring Soul's neck. 

Then suddenly, the woman's mouth twisted and stretched into a horrible smile. All her beauty was gone when her smile, which was carved into her face like the Joker's and stretched from ear to ear LITERALLY, appeared. Soul gasped and stepped back. "Am I pretty?" she asked once again. 

When there was no reply, she laughed and dust puppets began streaming in from the door behind us. We fought, slicing and stabbing. Marie sensei and Tsubaki were wielding each other, switching from weapon to meister as they fought the dust puppets (like Liz and Patty in Episode 3). By now, we had grown used to the puppets' fighting style and their numbers quickly diminished. They did not even have any black blood like the previous ones. Kid shot through the wall of puppets and reached the Japanese lady. 

"Got you!" he yelled before shooting her. But his shot was blocked. The lady's fingers had extended into sharp, claw-like metal blades. Reaper and woman clashed, Kid blocking her claws with Liz and Patty. "You fight well, as expected from my lord's brother," she said. "What do you mean 'my lord's brother'?" asked Kid. She only laughed and leapt backwards. "I used to be a follower of the Kishin, hoping to share in his power. But now that he's gone and everything I guess I'll just find another way to get what I want," she said. She looked up from behind her curtain of black hair and said," You really don't know anything, do you? Your precious father never told you?" "What?" said Kid, confused. The lady's smile grew wider. 

"You're the Kishin Asura's brother,"