Chaos in the DMWA

Maka POV

I stood over Soul and Black Star who were still lying on the stage. They were just starting to wake up after being hit by our Death, Maka, Kid combo attack. Tsubaki helped a dazed Black Star off of the stage. Soul got up, rubbing his head. "Geez, Maka. I think you really gave us a concussion this time," he said. "Well, you shouldn't have acted like such an idiot then," I said, helping to steady him.

Suddenly, the doors burst open. Justin Law, Sid, Nygus and Azusa burst in. Sid was holding an unconscious Azusa in his arms. They were all battered and bruised and battle.

"Justin-kun! What happened?" said Death as everyone rushed to the group's side. Panting, Justin fell to his knees and yelled, "Everyone, run!" 

Boom! The explosion behind me threw me to the floor. "Maka, look out!" yelled Soul, covering me. We coughed as the dust cleared. Soul and I got up and rushed to the other side of the room where everyone else was.

Figures stepped out of the dust. I squinted. They were all wearing plain white masks just like the man my friends defeated the other day. "Soul!" I called. He turned into a scythe and flew into my hands. "Your souls are mine to take!" I yelled. I activated my Soul Perception. "I knew it. They're all dust puppets! They all have the same soul projected into them!" I shouted to let everyone know. I rushed forward, slicing a puppet in half. Just as I expected, it returned to its original form a several seconds later. "These things aren't supposed to disintegrate until their master wants them to," I told Soul. The other meisters didn't seem to be doing much better. Suddenly, there was another explosion. This time, it came from the hallway. More puppets trudged towards us from the hallway, blocking the exit. They were trying to trap us.

"Jackie!" yelled Kim. Huge flames erupted from the weapon, burning the puppets into ashes. We all ran out of the room. I turned to see that the ashes were already beginning to return to their original form again. I almost ran straight into Kid and (y/n). 

"Kid, where were you?" cried Liz. "No time to explain. We have to get out of here," said Kid. "Kid, just let me get out of this city," said (y/n). We heard another explosion. So much for all the repairs the school had been making. Kid had even made sure that everything was completely symmetrical. "No! As if we would ever sell out a friend like that!" said Kid, grabbing (y/n)'s arm. Her eyes widened. "Kid...,"she said. She sighed. "Fine."

A gust of wind blew through the hallway, carrying a cloud of dust towards us. I covered my eyes and coughed. I heard a scream. I looked up to see Crona being dragged away in the cloud of dust. "Crona!" I screamed. "Oh no. I should've realised...Maka, I'm not the only one they might be after," said (y/n). "They could be after Crona too."

Author's Note: Hi. Sorry this update was a little late. I don't ship Kim x Jackie but I thought that the picture was cool so I decided to choose it before I could forget it. Thanks for reading and please comment.