The Assassin and The Flower

3rd Person

Noh-san laughed as he rushed to finish off the broken weapon kneeling on the ground. Marie-sensei blocked his attack just in time. Teacher and masked man clashed as the student kneeled, still staring up at the ceiling with wide eyes full of madness. A pained smile still spread across her face. 

"Black Star is dead. He's really gone. I have nothing left to fight for. What am I supposed to do now? Haha. I know! Maybe I can destroy this stupid underground village and everything in it. Or maybe I'll just stay here and become one with madness," she thought. "Tsubaki!" yelled Maka who was fighting off the Japanese lady. "Tsubaki, please!" yelled (y/n). 

Somewhere in her head, the part of Tsubaki that was still sane hugged her knees. "Maka isn't a master in hand-to-hand combat. Soul isn't good at fighting on his own either. They always had to depend on each other and needed each other to fight. But then...I was always kind of jealous of them. Black Star's a master at fighting on his own. I mean, that's great and all but...what if he didn't need me?" she thought as she recalled the time when she had imagined Black Star becoming Soul's meister. "I wasn't even there to protect him. What kind of weapon am I?" thought the crushed weapon as she began to give in what was left of herself to the madness. 

A hand landed on her shoulder. Her blue eyes flew open at the familiar touch. Still hugging her knees, she turned around to face a certain blue-haired meister. She could tell what he was thinking as he looked at her. 

"That's right," she realised. "Even though he was really loud, annoying and big-headed, Black Star never gave up." Tsubaki got up. "Black Star, people often said that I was the reason that you managed to get so far. But that's not true at all. You're my meister who saw through my battle with my brother until the end. You never gave up on me. You're the one who reminds me that I'm not just a flower without fragrance." Her eyes began to well up. "I wished I had the chance to thank you for all that."

She blinked back her tears and smiled at the annoying blue-haired ninja who had lit up her life. "I have nothing left to fight for? Haha," she laughed at herself.

Marie-sensei's eyes widened as she saw her student getting up from the ground. The masked man grabbed Marie-sensei's arm and threw her against a wall. "So, you're back on your feet, aren't you, brat?" he said to Tsubaki. She looked at him with her dark blue eyes and transformed partly into a chain and sickle weapon before attacking him.

He jumped as she tried to cut his feet and she dodged a kick from him. Another kick sent her crashing to the ground. Tsubaki attacked as the man delivered his finishing blow. 

Marie-sensei stared in horror as blood dripped onto the ground. Blood trickled out of Tsubaki's mouth as it curled into a smile. The man, his hand still on the weapon's stomach, coughed blood. Tsubaki's sword arm impaled him through the abdomen. They both fell back as she drew her arm out of his body. Marie-sensei rushed to her student and cradled her limp form in her arms. "It's fine, sensei. I got him," she said, coughing blood. The man lay on the ground, bleeding. "What are you waiting for? Kill me," he said to Marie-sensei and her student. Tsubaki shook her head. "No. It's enough," she muttered. 

"Black Star, I did it," she thought, smiling happily before darkness enveloped everything.