Oh, Come on!

Reader's POV

We walked through the palace silently and quickly. I can't believe that we decided to depend on me to find the Yuki Onna. But then, of course, we didn't have much of a choice. My blades glowed brighter as we went lower and lower in to the castle. We turned left and took a flight of spiral stairs downwards. As we continued downwards, I realised that these steps didn't seem as old as the rest of the castle. In fact, it looked like it was only several years old. We arrived in the middle of a tunnel that actually reminded me of a mine. These tunnels didn't look very old either. We walked on through the maze of tunnels as I let the feeling that I've had for some time now draw me closer to the Yuki Onna. I shivered. I hated the feeling of letting her actually draw me towards her.

"Crona! I sense Crona!" Maka suddenly cried. She ran ahead of us down the tunnel. "Maka, don't!" yelled Dr Stein. A dust puppet appeared in front of her and raised its fist, ready to strike. Black Star jumped in front of her, cutting off the dust puppet's hand just in time. "Maka! Don't be an idiot and stop being so reckless!" yelled Soul. "Right," said his meister. More dust puppets filed into the room and we began fighting them off. They dissolved into dust immediately as I sliced through them. It must have been the effect of my soul resonance with the Yuki Onna. A hooded figure watched us fighting, its cruel smile visible although its eyes were hidden...and it was holding an unconscious Crona in its arms.

Maka, Black Star, Kid and I immediately chased after her. However, the figure vanished before we could reach it. Suddenly, the tunnel shook. "Look out!" yelled Liz as rocks began falling from the ceiling. As the dust cleared and the earth quieted around us, we realised that the rocks had blocked our way back and separated us from our teachers.

I sighed. Oh great. It was a trap.