Rhythm of Our Souls

Reader's POV

This was my first time doing a group Soul Resonance but there was no time for me to hesitate. We were about to be buried alive in an underground village with a millenia year old frozen body. Kid grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. We began our group soul resonance.

Establishing a connection with my friends' souls was not too hard. What came after, though, was like nothing I had ever felt before. I could feel everyone's souls- Kid, Liz, Patty, Maka, Soul, Black Star, Justin, Stein and me-resonating together. All of our souls were different and had their own wavelength. But somehow, we were resonating together and working to stop the earthquake.

Slowly, the room around us stopped collapsing but we had to hurry and save the rest of the underground village. We needed more power.

I opened my eyes. I was in a room with black and white tiles. Silver moonlight was streamed through a huge window on my right. In front of me was a white piano. Instinctively, I knew what to do. I sat down and began to play. 

Soul's POV

My eyes widened when I heard it. A piano playing. It was a familiar sound. A sound that I often heard during those afternoons spent in the store. Immediately, I entered the Black Room. A little red ogre sat near the piano. "Long time no see, chisana oni," I said, glaring at the creature. "So you've decided to use the black blood again, didn't you?" he said. "No," I replied. "I'm going to use this piano to help my friends. I don't need the black blood." The ogre smiled, amused. "Let's see you save your friends without my help, then," he said.

I sat at the piano and began to play, my dark, strange tune mixing with (y/n)'s melody. I could feel our resonance link growing stronger and stronger. (y/n) and I played, the sounds of a black piano and a white one growing louder and more passionate. However, our piano playing wasn't the only thing that we could hear. The rhythm of everyone else's souls were playing along with us, creating a song of our souls.

Our song reached its crescendo and together, me and (y/n) stopped playing. Everything became still as the song faded.