48- Grand National

Whilst visiting Shawn's family in England we decided it would be a good opportunity to visit the races. We were dressed in our finest and we're currently waiting on the race to start.

We had placed bets on numerous horses hoping no they would all come in. We stood trackside and watched intently for our horses as they paraded around preparing to start. The flag was pulled down and the horses started to run. The crowd erupted chanting their horses name. The crowd was ecstatic as they all yelled and cheered for their horses and jockeys as the waved their betting cards around in the air.

Finally, it was the lasts two fences the noise loudened by 100x and people were jumping and screaming as loud as they could, including Shawn and I. Mine and Shawn's horse was neck and neck as they approached the finish line.

"Come on!" I screamed as I banged against the barrier. "RUN!!" The jockeys whipped the horses trying to cross the finish line first. The crowd cheered and so did Shawn.

"WE WON" he cheered. We jumped up and down like excited two year olds as we rushed to claim our winnings.

"Shawn! Shawn! Can we have an interview?" Shawn smiled, kissed my cheek and sent me on my way to collect our winnings.