87- i love you

Flashback:

I stood directly in front of Shawn my hands brushing gently across his cheeks. His eyes were glossy and the tears were tricking down my cheeks. I swallowed the lump in my throat and let it a shaky breath as he glared into my eyes.

"I'm not going to be weak this time." I started. "I love you, okay. I've told you once and ube told you twice and you keeping running from it." My fingers continued to brush across his face, not breaking eye contact once. "I know you love me back. You told Ian, Lauren and Andrew but you won't tell me."

He sighed shortly and his breathing rate was slow. He was thinking, the cogs inside of his brain were turning and his lips slightly parted.

"You think this is a game? Say those 3 words that I want to hear and I'm yours. You win." I cried. His hand brushed a piece of loose hair behind my ear and he gently caressed my cheek.

"I can't" he mumbled. My hand dropped from his face and he let his hand fall from my cheek. "Sorry" he brushed past my right shoulder leaving me in the room, dumbfounded.

Present:

Shawn had gone. He'd gone on tour for 3 months travelling the world like he and I had always dreamed while we were younger. It sucked that I wasn't with him but that was through fault of his own.

I confessed my love for him one too many times and he didn't confess it back instead he ran. He ran away from the fact that we loved each other because love is just one big game in his eyes and someone has to lose.

The warm cup of coffee clutched in my hands warmed me up as I headed down the streets of my neighbourhood. The cool, crisp wind nipped at my ears as it brushed through my hair leaving it a windswept mess. I patted it back down nearly as I admired the beautiful colours of the scenery around me.

I  was content. Although I was still hopelessly in love with Shawn I had realised that my life still goes on and I had managed to find ways to help me avoid my feelings and push him to the back of my mind like preoccupying myself with the wondrous task of writing a diary. My life was filled with positive and supportive people who were not afraid to tell me they loved me or express their feeling to me but I was still secretly waiting for Shawn to join them.

As I reached the end of my road I noticed a familiar looking jeep outside of my house with a tall, slightly muscular figure leaning against it. I picked up my pace and the closer I got the sooner I realised that it was Shawn. Standing with a few parcels and a bouquet of flowers he noticed me and stood up straighter anxious waiting for me to approach him.

"If you waiting for me to confess my love for you again, then you're wasting your time because frankly I don't care anymore and I don't want to talk to you." I huffed lifting my head a little higher to appear more confident and sure about my words although we both know they weren't true.

"Okay then, let me talk." He started. "When I was on tour I was travelling the whole world, something you and I both dreamed of doing together, and I saw so many beautiful landscapes and countries but I could never focus on their true beauty because you were always at the back of my mind." He shuffled in his spot. "When I was in Paris I remembered your love for macaroons, when I was in Germany I remembered the time you tried to learn German, when I was in London I remembered how you always have to have a cup of tea before you go to bed."

I let out a shaky breath as he reached for my cheek and softly swept the pad of his thumb across it.

"And when I came home I remembered every memory we have ever made together and I finally got it" he paused and moved an inch closer to me. The tension was killing me as he stared deep into my eyes analysing all the emotions that I was feeling.

"I love you too"

A sigh of relief left my lips as he finally repeated those three words. I wrapped my arms around him and he dropped the boxes to the floor pulling me in tight towards him. I lifted my head slightly and he lenses down pressing a slow yet passionate kiss onto my lips.

My hand cupped his cheeks and his rested on the small of my back. I pulled away slightly.

"Say it again." I mumbled and pressed my lips back on to his. He smiled and continued to repeat himself.

"I love you"

Kiss.

"I love you"

Kiss.

"I love you"

Kiss.

*•*

If you know you know ;)

~kitty x