Promise

a/n; you must read break-ups in order to continue :)
Judy scooped a spoon into her pint of ice cream as Nick came inside his house. "Judy.. Still here" Nick sighed. For once, he actually hoped she'd leave. Judy began crying again as Nick set bags on top of his tables. He cleaned up because Judy made him do it. She was cranky and useless at this point.
Nick had to do some serious talking to Bogo since Judy refused to work. He made up some absurd lie about how there was a disaster in infiltration in Bunnyborrow's stock exchange and Judy had to go and help out. Bogo gave him some weird looks, but confirmed it was ok, and to take the time she needed.
"Jeez, Judes. You can't keep on like this! It's been 2 weeks already" Nick quickly sat next to Judy and looked at her as she cried. He knew comforting her would make her more vulnerable to sadness. But not only that, he was done being accepting; he wanted her to go back to the old Judy he knew. Not some heartbroken slob. "Don't you think i've tried" Judy sniffled as she looked at Nick. She put her ice cream on the floor. "Come on, Judy. Let me take you somewhere" Nick held Judy's hand and stood up. A horrible smell came from Judy.
"Oh, god. Judy. You wreak" Nick covered his nose as Judy was embarrassed "sorry" she said softly. Nick took her into his bathroom and allowed her to clean herself up. He gave Judy some clothes she leaves at his house, because Judy goes there almost everyday, she'd thought it'd be relevant to leave her stuff there. Besides, it was her best friend. They'd do some type of stuff like that.
Nick gave Judy some shorts and a loose t-shirt. Not baggy, but loose enough.
She showered and put on her stuff. "Ya ready?" Nick asked as he was leaned on the door. He moved after he felt Judy open it slowly. "Ah, there goes the Hopalong i know" Nick smiled and held Judy's arms as she stood there. Judy giggled and closed the door.
Nick and Judy then stepped out the door. She squinted her big eyes because the light was so bright, it was something she had to adapt to for a while. Nick pressed the elevator button. The elevator doors opened, and of course, it was packed. Today was a nice day and he knew Judy would have loved the weather today; that's why he brought her with him.
They stepped out and walked side by side into the big city of Zootropolis. Nick looked around as Judy just looked forward.
It stood like that until Nick and Judy walked to the park and sat there. "You know, you wont get the good sensation of this weather and view unless you attempt to look around you" Nick looked around some more and pulled his shades down. "Well, Nick i cant" Judy let out a brief chuckle as she looked straight. "Here" Nick handed Judy some shades, which had fit her perfectly. For some reason, he knew her face proportions well enough.

The day went on continuously as Judy and Nick just sat in the park, on the grass. Judy broke the silence "why are you doing this for me?" "Well, do you want to know the truth? It might be too soon." Nick looked at Judy, raising one eyebrow. "Okay. I care about you Judes. And i care about your reputation and goals. Sitting around in the house over some bum isn't like you Judy. I know he hurt your feelings, but thats why you've got me here. I'm your best friend, you know that." Nick paused "the point is, i care about you.. To such an extent that-" Nick pulled out a small ring from his pocket as Judy's eyes widened. "What's that?" she asked Nick. Although she'd just gotten out of a relationship, Judy didn't know what she felt at that point. She tried to think about her feelings before this incident but it was blank.
"Relax. I'm not proposing" Nick laughed as Judy's ears went down. "Oh, Nick. Thank you, because i wasn't sure about.. that" Judy positively sighed. "What this is, is a promise ring" Nick continued "and not like i'm promising my love for you, but more like my devotion for you. My commitment to you. Plus i got the same one for myself." Nick pulled out an average ring band that looked like Judy's; except hers was more skinny for her tiny finger. "Nick, i don't know what to say-" "start by saying thank you, because really" Nick and Judy both laughed. "Thank you, Nick. I love you"
Judy meant those words in such truth. She really loved Nick, just not like a couple. She wouldn't go that far.
Or would she?