Your presence

NICK'S POV

I heard a knock on the door, again. I hadn't showed up for work in a few because i'd been "sick" and Judy has been taking care of me since. Gosh, i love her dearly.
We're still friends; yes. But i want to be more. But Judy wasnt the rebellious type. It wasn't quite against the law to date a different species, let alone date different aggregations of animals.
She was pure, very much positive about everything. Optimistic, a believer. She was against what the animals think of as negative. It was admirable, commendable, meritorious; all of it. In fact she could light up a room with her smile.

"Nicholas? You there?" Judy curiously asked, knocking constantly. "Coming" Nick faked his tone, sounded down and weary. "Nick!" Judy smiled as the big door opened; there stood Nick. Half tucked in shirt with khakis. His usual self. "I mean, Nick- what's wrong? Are you okay?" Judy held a bag with both hands, wearing her uniform for she had just gotten off her shift. "Come in, i'll explain" Nick moved out of the way, as Judy walked into his somewhat sloppy apartment. She sat down on his couch as Nick sat next to her as if he was exhausted. "What's the matter? Sick again?" Judy felt his head as she sighed, Nick opened his mouth, but was cut off by Judy's willingness. "Lucky for you, i kinda knew it since you were sick yesterday, so i brought you some of your favorite blueberries" Judy giggled as she pulled out a cool container with blueberries. Nick smiled as he took it. "Thanks, Judes. But i' not sick." He added as Judy frowned " well, at least you keep the blueberries" she chuckled "wasn't planning on giving it back" he put the container on his coffee table as he looked into Judy's eyes. "You'reeeeeeee scaring, me.. Nick" Judy let out a very fake laugh as he kept in contact, "Judy. I want to be with you." Nick said quickly "wait, what? Are you sure you're feeling okay?" she asked as she felt his head again "Judy, i'm fine. All im saying is. Im asking you on a date, tomorrow." Nick held Judy's hand while she smiled "well, since you're being generous, sure. I'll go on a date with you, Nicholas" she bit her bottom lip, grinning.