Story: Twelve

"Hey Sans?"

"Yeah M?" He glanced over at her. She looked uncomfortable.

"Why don't you want me walking around at night alone?" She asked quietly.

He paused. "Because being friends with me isn't a good thing. I have a lot of enemies."

"But don't you have a lot of friends, too?"

"I have more enemies. Not all of them play fair."

~

You didn't encounter any problems.
Unless, of course, you count almost getting mugged a problem.

You heard the person before you saw them.

"Pet? Pat? Pot? Pet?"

It was a dog monster, his head looking back and forth. "I can't see anyone, no one's there."

You stuffed your hand in your pockets, the Walmart bag hanging off your wrist. That's when you saw the other person, covering their mouth and trying not to giggle.
They noticed you. "Hm?"
You stopped.
The dog monster saw the person move and yelled," HEY!" He jumped forward. "Stop doing that it's not funny!"
He followed his friends gaze and saw you, then shrieked.
It was pretty comical.
"DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE!" He held up a switchblade.
Not so comical.

The guy behind him made a "shh!" Motion to you with his hand. Then said,"hey, wait a minute. Your Sans' friend, right?"

The dog monster shook his head. "No! M had silver hair! So we can totally-"

"No, not M! His new friend!"

The dog monster looked at you closely. "OH! No, that's not her, either."

You looked between them both. "Wha-?"

The other guy shrugged. "Oops, well, you know my eyesight is dying out. Carry on."

"Oh, look who I found." Sans stepped up from behind you, and you jumped away. He wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you back, smiling at the dog monster. "Hey Doggo."

The dog monster, Doggo, jumped and yelped. "Sans! Hi Sans, hey, heheh.." His head kinda twitched and he repeated," heyah, heyah."

The guy behind him smiled. "Sup Sans." He reached up and pet Doggo.

Doggo yelled in excitment. "PET? PAT? POT?"

You smiled. Sans looked defensive. "Who are are you?"

The guy shrugged. "I just moved here. Doggo greeted me."

Sans grip on your side tightened slightly. "New. Hm. Okay, well watch yourself out there, huh?"

The guy nodded. "You to Sans."

Sans grabbed your hand. "Hold your lunch."

"Eh-?"

There was kind of a pressure in your head, and it went black for a second. Then you were starring at the house.

"There. Next time, be more careful."

You rubbed your eyes. "What the... how did you..."

"Magic." He started up the stairs. "Come on."

You felt kind of dazed. Your skin tingled where Sans' hand had rested on your hip, and you thought about this "magic". "Teleportation?" You wondered.

"Short cut." Sans corrected. He unlocked the door with his new key and held it open for you.

You hesitated. As you walked by, you asked," friends of yours?"

"More like I know them, but that's all." He mumbled and closed the door.

"Their muggers."

"Mhm."

"Were you?"

".... Mhm."

"Oh." You said.

He didn't answer.

"Hey Sans...."

He looked at you and smiled. His teeth seemed sharper than usual. But since when did you care about his teeth?

Since I developed a crush on him.

It was such a childish way to put it. A crush. But it was true.

"Do you wanna go to Grillby's with me? Tomorrow?"

His smile disappeared. Then he slowly smirked. "Like a date?"

You blushed, flustered. "Y-yeah. That's it."

He looked you up and down. "I'd love that kiddo. Sounds like a plan."