Story: Twenty Two

Picture for all those Undertail haters.
=-= fight me

"It's okay."

"No, it's not." He said from the other side of the door.

"It will be."

"But it's not right now, goddammit. I NEED it to be okay."

"Give it some time. A flower can't grow in five minutes."

"Yeah? Well, sometimes flowers don't grow at all."

~

You opened your eyes slowly, your phone buzzing. You grabbed it, annoyed, and looked at it.

1 Voice mail

You clicked it.

"Hey, (Y/n), sorry for running out on you last night. I got a bit freaked out and had to go get something. I'm with Metta now, and I'm forcing him to get out there again, stop being a hermit. He really is." You giggled at this. "We're going to the mall, and I was wondering if you could come join us. It'll be lonely without you. Love you, and, uh, sorry again."

Sans, of course. You sat up and rubbed your eyes. Christ, it was warm. You shoved off the covers and stood, pondering the previous night as you showered and got dressed.

He's acting awfully jumpy. I hope there's nothing to bad happening.

~

You pulled up to the mall and stepped out. You saw them immidiantly. Then you noticed someone leaning on a wall a few feet from them.

He had a baseball cap pulled over his eyes, obscuring most of his face, and a thick sweater. You hesitated, but Sans noticed you right then.

"Hey, (Y/n)! You got my message!"

"Voice mail!" You yelled back.

Metta turned in your general direction. "Hi honey!"

"Hi!" You said as you came over. You hooked your arm through Sans and Mettaton's. "So what're you doing here?"

"Oh, just browsing really. Since he can't see, he only let's a certain person buy him clothes, and he won't tell me who."

You glanced at where the man had been, but he was gone. You frowned. "I wonder who it was..."

Sans nodded. "So do I."

Metta stuck out his tounge. "You'll never know!"

~

It was about halfway through the day that it happened. You had been having a wonderful time, when you saw him.
Your ex.
You'd all decided on going to Hot Topic, only because of Mettaton (and you were wondering if that new season was out yet).  You froze in the door way, then quickly started backing away. Sans was right behind you, and you bumped into him.

"(Y/n)-?"

You spun around and grabbed his jacket. "I don't wanna go in there."

"What- kid, what's wrong?"

Metta turned to look at the two of you. "Sans? What's up with her?"

"I don't wanna go in there please don't make me." You whispered, having trouble breathing.

He took your hand and pulled you a few feet away. "Hey, calm down, it's alright, it's fine. Just tell me what happened."

"He's in there, I saw him- he'll see me. I don't wanna go back." Your breath quickened. "What if he sees me? What if he- what if he tries talking to me?!"