Story: Thirty Nine

Toriel tilted her head, her nose(snout? Wth) crinkling in distaste.

"Hello, Asgore."

"Howdy, Tori."

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "G-gee, it sure is good to see you."

Asgore seemed to be standing in Sans' shoes, now. Toriel smiled, her face betraying that smile. "You too, Asgore."

You pressed your lips together, fighting the urge to smile. "Oh, my..."

Sans just smiles.

There was a long pause, before Toriel relented and hugged him. Asgore looked like a fat kid who'd just gotten candy. He was ecstatic.

"Hm, how have you been, Asgore?" She pulled back, her smile and face much more warm.

He relaxed. "I've been lonely. Though, the surface is quite fun. Humans are much nicer than-"

"Don't dig yourself a hole." Tori said playfully."

"Lord knows he dug them for those kids."

You and the other three monsters slowly looked at Undyne, who seemed to regret her word choicing. "Heh, sorry, couldn't resist."

Sans looked ready to burst with laughter again, but he seemed to be politely refraining.
Toriel and Asgore head off in their own direction, arm in arm. You and Sans sigh simultaneously, then glance at each other. Sans looks past you at Undyne, who looks embarrassed, and finally let's out all that pent up laughter.
Undyne yells something at him, about being a jerk and stupid, but you're not paying much attention. Frisk is awkwardly weaving between people's feet, towards the guard holding the flower pot. She slips it from his grasp, then turns and makes her way towards you.

"Miss?"

You smiled at her. "Yeah Frisk?"

She hesitantly held it up. "Here."

The buttercup trembles as you take it. "It's beautiful." You say softly.

It turns to you, a scowl covering it's face. "I'm not beautiful."

You simply stare in shock. So, your earlier prophecy of 'talking flowers's' had now come true.

"I'm just good looking compared to what you see in the mirror." It snarked.

"Be nice!" Frisk said unhappily.

The flower grumbled out an unhappy flurry of curses, then brightened up and grinned at you. "Howdy! I'm Flowey, Flowey the flower. What's your name?"

You smile nervously. "Um... (Y/n)."

You glance at Sans and catch him death glaring Flowey.

"Heyah Smiley Trash Bag."

"Heyah Weed Bed."

They smiled at each other. Frisk giggled and grabbed him again, giving him a kiss. He looked used to this, but still sneered and leaned away, whining out a childish, "Frisk!" Before she ran away, hugging his pot close.

You looked over at Sans. "You don't like him?"

"Nah. I know who he really is, unlike Frisk. She doesn't remember. He's actually kind of crazy. Did you know he used to be someone's son? Poor bastards." He sighed miserably.

"Sans!" With an incredulous look, you scoffed out," if you really felt bad, you wouldn't call 'em bastards!"

He chuckled. "Heh, yeah... Hey! Look over there," He pointed.

"I'm not falling for that." You stated snippily.

"No, seriously, look who showed up." He slipped off his bar stool and made his way through the crowd. You shook your head and followed.