Story: Forty Eight

Waaaaarning. Edgy as fuck chapter cuz guess who's in a bad mood?

~

Frisk is leaving soon.

You feel horribly nostalgic because of this. Sans didn't seem very effected, treating Frisk exactly the same as always.
He visited her daily, having a great time, and not once did you or him bring it up. Until the day Tori called.

"Yyyyyellow?" Sans picked up your phone for you. You glanced at him, then went back to putting away dishes.

"....yeah.... alright momma goat." He held the phone out. "Something important."

You balanced the phone between your shoulder and your ear. "Heyah Tori." You nod gratefully at Sans as he takes the dishes from you and pushes you towards a seat.

"Why are you not here?! She is leaving very soon!"

"Oh my lord, what!" You shot up from the seat. "I'm coming I'm coming, I didn't realize it was today! I thought you said tomorrow-"

"Babe?"

You knew Tori had heard him, because she made a small noise. "I'm not on speaker am I?"

Sans' gaze darkened considerably as it landed on the phone. He must've heard her. How, you didn't know, but he must've.

"N-no, but- why? It's not important-"

"Babe what's happening today?"

"U-um, (Y/n)-"

"Frisk is leaving today, remember?" You stared at him, confused.

His eyelight disappeared, leaving two black voids. "What?"

You slowly put the phone to your ear. "Tori."

"I'm sorry, I didn't want him to know-"

"Where is she going?" Sans straightens up a bit.

"Back with her old family- Tori, why would you lie, you said you told him!"

"She's what?" Sans whispered weakly. You looked at him again. He looked ready to faint at any moment, one hand on the counter to steady himself.

"I-I knew he'd react badly, violently, I counseled him for long time, he's got violent tendencies, I thought he might hurt Frisk, or me-"

"What the FUCK (Y/N)!" Sans rumbled.

You dropped the phone on accident, from shock. It landed on the table. "I-I didn't know, I thought she told you-"

"You never thought to being this up to me?! God fucking-" He took the mug he was holding, turned, and slammed it into the counter, shattering it.

You shrank away, crossing your arms protectively over your chest and whimpering. "S-Sans please-"

"Don't you dare 'please sans' me!" He whipped back around, and you 'eep!'ed in surprise. He eyes were glowing, his injured one green, his left one blue.
"She is leaving. I wasn't able to protect her, I wasn't able to-" He hooked his hands behind his head.

You swallowed hard, watching as he bent over slightly and took deep, gasping breaths. "Sans-"

"I made a promise, I promised I'd keep her safe, I promised her sister-" His breaths were getting shorter. "This- it wasn't suppose to happen-"

"Hun. Calm down-" You held out your hands cautiously.

"Don't call me that!" He snarled. "You are nothing like her!"