Story: Twenty Five

"I'm sorry, your name completely slipped my mind. What was it again, hun?"

"Sans..."

"Alright, well, let's get you some water, and calm down a little. Is water what you'd prefer? I have some tea-"

"Water."

"Alright, of course. My name? Well... Everyone around these parts just calls me M. But my full name is..."

~

You wondered if Sans even knew you were awake. Your back was pressed up against his front, and he was running his fingers up and down your side. You were to drowsy to say anything, and you just wanted to sleep.
But staying up with Sans was something you wanted more. He was humming softly, a song you hadn't heard. Maybe one of his?
You adjusted slightly, curling up a bit more. You hadn't gotten dressed, or cleaned off the mess you and him had made. You'd been laying there at least thirty minutes, dozing while his fingers traveled over your hip, and back up.

"Your still up?"

You nodded slowly.

"Alright."

He didn't say anything else. It seemed he'd just wanted to be sure. His hand stilled, and simply rested on your waist. You closed your eyes, smiling slightly and listening to him hum, feeling it through his ribcage.
You could live with this.

~

You woke up late.
The clock read --- am. You groaned and rolled over.
Sans was gone.
With a smile, you sat up, stretching. The soreness between your legs and the stain on the sheets spoke measures about the night before. You slipped off the bed and went to the shower. You cleaned up, got dressed, and took the sheets downstairs to the wash room. You could hear Sans whistling in the kitchen, and assumed he was cooking.
It all seemed perfect.
Maybe even to perfect to last long.
You dropped the sheets in the washer, started it, and made your way to the kitchen.

"Yeah? That's pretty nice... No, I've been keeping out of trouble, don't worry."

You stopped in the hallway.

"Yeah, she's nice. Independent. Though she's a little shady.... yeah.... oh, I've never been very good at-... well, when you put it like that..."

You could only hear his side of the conversation, but hey, good enough.

"... no... Marriage? It seems a little wierd to ask things like that, don't you think...? Well, even if we did, you'd think it'd be strange... well, monster and human, that's a really big difference..."

You rolled your eyes. This again? Why was he so worried about it?

"I know, I know, it's just-... hm. Yeah, well, I gotta go. She'll be up soon. I think-... M? Oh, well, um, she-.... umhm... no, I don't think so. Look, I don't care how close we are. I'm not comfortable talking about it... yeah. So am I. Well, gotta go. Love you hun."

There was a soft click of him setting the phone down, and he sighed heavily. "Whore."

Stunned, you brought a hand to your mouth, and elbowed a wall. You cursed under your breath, as Sans made a surprised noise, then called, "hun?"

You pressed your lips together. Shit. You walked in, stretching again. "Yep?"

"Heyah babe, how'd you sleep?" He drew you into a hug, and you got a good look at his clothes. He was wearing his shorts, and his jacket. That was all. Oh, and a pair of socks. Why'd he even need socks?

"Alright, I guess." What you wanted to say was, I heard you call me hun, don't try and play it off. He'd looked a bit nervouse as you'd walked in, and you just knew it was because of the phone call. "You get up early again?"

"Not really. I woke up about thirty minutes ago." He smiled and gestured at the counter. "I made pancakes."

You didn't feel like eating, but you did. For him.
His phone buzzed while you and him were eating, and you glanced at him. He glanced at the phone, then went back to eating.

"You gonna get that?"

"Nah."

You had the urge to see who it was. Then embarrassment flooded your cheeks, and Sans just had to notice. "You alright there, (Y/n)? Your looking a little red."

You giggled nervously, blushing harder. "N-no, I'm fine."

Sans nodded, then stood when both of you were done and took your plates. You sat at the table, thinking, and as he walked by again, he kissed the top of your head.
"Brb."

You watched him swipe his phone and leave, and again you felt the urge to eavesdrop. You decided against it. A relationship required trust, and if you couldn't give it, it would ruin everything you had with him by this point.
You wondered when you'd decide on telling him about the whole, "No kids" thing.
You'd known you were barren for awhile now, and had accepted it. You could adopt, or whatever. Who knows. You stood and ran a hand through your still tangled hair. Welp, there was another thing you could do.

~

"I'm not shady." You reassured yourself, setting the brush down. "I'm honest."

You glanced around your room. It was clean, mostly. You finally sat at your desk and checked your computer. Nothing. Just a message from your boss, but you declined to read it.
With a long, bored, drawn out sigh, you decided to pay Tori a visit.
You reached for your phone.

~

"So are you and my Dunkle dating?"

You nodded, smiling at Frisk. "Yeah."

Tori made a disproving noise, and when you gave her a look she said, "I'm not going to say, anything." She nudged you playfully and slipped a plate of pie in front of you.
You noticed Frisk looked uncomfortable.

"You alright?"

"I just don't think you should date him."

There was a long pause, and even Tori looked surprised. You cleared your throat. "And, er, why's that?"

"He's not very nice." Frisk whispered softly. "To people."

You stared at her, and she stared at her hands. "What do you mean, he's amazing."

"For now." She said even softer, then quickly got up and left.

You stared after her as Tori nervously said, "oh, don't listen to her. She's always been a pessimistic child. Ever since-" The monster paused and you noticed the cup in her hand trembling.

"Tori?"

"Well, ever since her sister died."

".... oh. Um... can you tell me about her?" You asked quickly.

"No." Tori stated dully. "I can't even remember her all that well." She sat with you. "How has Sans been?"

Subject changer. "Fine. He's nice, funny, nothing like you explained. You'd said he was Aggressive, but he's so gentle, and-"

"Oh, honey, everyone is at first, aren't they?" Toriel laughed. "Take my Asgore for instance. Hm... he was very charming in his younger years. All the things you said and more."

"I know, but Sans-"

"Has a lot of secrets he's hiding from you." Tori said gently. "I'm not saying you should break up with him, I'm only saying that you don't know him like another monster would."

"I-"

"You know him like a human would."