Story: Thirty Eight

You sit for the longest time, both hands on the steering wheel, taking calming breaths.

You've just gotten home, glad that Sans hadn't asked you why you had work on a Saturday (you didn't. You went out, you just didn't tell him. Who the fuck would leave their kids at a daycare on Saturday?)

"He's done." You reassure yourself, then get out and grabbed your stuff. The party is today. You have to get dressed.

~

Of course he isn't home. You get ready, check the time, and call him.

"Sup."

"Hey, Sans, when should I go?"

"Oh, hi (Y/n). Um, I'll come get you. We can take a shortcut."

"Oh. Alright, I guess." You chat for a few minutes while making tea, then hang up and go to your room, plopping down and sitting at your computer.
While browsing social media's, you get a notification.

Stepha-

"HEY, I'M HOME!"

You yell something back, then go back to the computer.

Stephan Skinnar tagged you in-

"Are you ready?"

No no no no no I'm not ready I can't move.

"Babe?" His hand comes down on your shoulder, and you jump, clicking off the tab.

"Sans! Yeah, yeah, o-of course. Let's go."

You stand up, brushing past him and grabbing your keys.

"We won't need those, it's fine." He takes them and drops them back on the table, his fingers lacing through yours.

"What? Why?" Why god, what the hell. Why would Stephan not be blocked-

"I told you, I know a short cut. Just hold your lunch."

"Hold my-?"

Pressure builds up behind your eyes, and there's a flash of black, then-

Grillby's.

"Sans! You didn't warn me-"

"You wanna go in?"

You stop to listen a bit. You can here music, and with that you nod, mind still wrapped around Stephan. "Of course."

He holds the door open, and you step in, only to step back and bump into Sans. His hands lift up, gently closing over your upper arms as he pushes you forward.
The huge monster in front of you turns his armoured head, gives you a short glance, and continues on his way.

"He used to be part of the royal guard." Sans states simply. "Still lives down there. I just calm him Juan." He sniggers. "That's a pun."

He gives you an encouraging push, and you continue on. Undyne is there at the counter, smiling at everyone around her, but you can tell she's looking for someone, and not expecting to see them.

There's a strange looking cat girl, curvy, with a lanky aligator chick, and you can tell their eyeing Sans.

You decide on Undyne. As you turn to Sans, you can see he's a lot more scared than you. "They haven't seen me like this. They only saw me... before..."

You place a comforting hand on his arm. Then turn to Undyne. "Hey. You look lonely."

Sans coughs lightly. "Asgore?"