Michael || Amber

Why?

You asked yourself as the line to the venue barely moved an inch.  How could a small band make such a mark to have this big of a crowd?  You were happy that they had gathered a larger audience than the last time you had pulled yourself to a show, but this was not what you expected.   You had less patience than you thought as someone had stumbled into you.  You moved slightly forward bumping into the tall man placed in front of you.  A quiet 'sorry' escaped your lips as you tried to stable yourself. You felt his heavy hand on your shoulder, the embarrassment was clear on your face as you couldn't bring yourself to look him in the eyes. 

"Hey! Watch were you are going assholes!" His accent took you by surprise. 

The people behind you muttered an apology and started to talk amongst themselves. A part of you was thankful for the kindness of the gentleman in front of you, but a small part of you wanted to move away from him and show that you don't need someone to defend you, that you can handle yourself. His attention soon moved to you, looking slightly up from where your eyes were placed on the ground, there he was.  A small smile graced his lips as he looked you over. You could feel the heat rise to your cheeks.  Looking quickly away from him you fix your posture and try to compose yourself. 

Straightening your top you make sure to not make eye contact with him again.  Falling into someone attractive is as embarrassing as face planting the cement. A small chuckle came from his direction. 

"I'm Michael" He placed his hand in your direction. 

"Amber" you said placing your hand in his, another smile graced his faced as you both shook hands. 

A blush spread across your cheeks as you just looked at him.  From a far distance you would think this guy was either homeless or a guy that never got out of that phase his parents kept telling him he would.  But up close that style fit him; the black ripped skinny jeans, a plain black shirt with some weird logo that you have no idea what it was place dead center of the shirt.  His hair looked like it has never been brushed and it just suited him. 

You both just continued to look at each other and smile, not much being spoken between you too.  Some would have thought this to be an awkward situation but it wasn't that.  It felt nice, a warm environment that just froze time.  

"So, have you been to one of these shows before?" Michael asked finally breaking the silence that filled the space between you. 

You nod as you try to gather the words that had some how escaped your mind. "I try to stop by every time they come back to town, what about you?" 

"About something like that," His smile got a little wider. 

A tall gentleman walks towards you guys as he taps Michael on the shoulder, soon leaning in whispering something in his ear.  Curiosity got the best of you as he just nodded, "Everything okay?" 

"Yeah, I'll see you inside!" he said as he walked off with the tall overly buff man.  

You weren't sure what he meant or why he got special treat me.  But as he disappeared further up towards the venue the line began to pick up speed.  What you assumed to be the small act of removing a stranger from your mind soon became a harder thing than you thought.  Even in the small interaction that you both had he had made such a large place in your thoughts that it started to take you by surprise.  Yeah he was cute but there was no way you could find him in this crowded venue before the show starts. But as you entered the doors and showed your ticket you had come up with the idea on looking for him, no matter what you had made the plan to leave with his number by the end of the night. 

Walking past the lines of people at the merchandise table as well as the people in line for beverages. You find your self face to face with a large crowd wrapping themselves around the stage. This was going to be more difficult than you imagined it to be. Pushing past people and muttering an excuse me, your eyes scanned the area.  With each excuse me you were slowly starting to lose hope.  This whole plan was a joke and you were just going to have to deal with the fact that you were never going to see him again and that he most likely never wanted for you to stumble upon him again.  

As the lights dimmed and the crowd begin to cheer in hopes tp pump themselves up for the show that was about to happen you sighed and just started to forget the boy that printed himself in your mind. Lights began to hit the stage as the band soon took their places.  There was some new faces up there that you don't remember seeing the last few times they had popped into the city, but your heart stopped as your eyes landed on him.  

There he was, guitar in hand, you didn't think as he walked off with the buff guy that he was in the band.  You felt so stupid with that idea not even being in your mind.  Why the hell was he even outside with the crowd if he was preforming? As the band started he focused his attention on the crowd, glancing over the packed venue.  You just couldn't keep your eyes off him as he did his thing.  You paid no attention to the songs they were performing or what was evening happening around you. But the breath was knocked out of you as your eyes met, a smile grew across his face.  Your heart began skipping about as time seemed to freeze around you.  Nodding his head in a motion to come closer, you pushed your way to the stage making sure to keep eye contact with Michael.  As you stood in front of him he continued to play guitar but crotched down to be in slight eye contact with you.  As the song ended he leaned as far as he could to press his lips to your cheek.  If this wasn't your favorite band in that moment it surely was going to be afterwards. 

* Author's Note* 

Hello, it surely has been awhile.  I am trying to get back into the rhythm of writing fanfiction so please bare with me.  This book will be completed soon but the other one is published and will be updated as much as I can.  If you are still wanting an imagine please do comment or message and let me know what you are wanting.  As well as if you are waiting for one please let me know and I will be sure to get started on yours as soon as I can.  I appreciate all the reads and love for these imagines over the years. 

-Meg