Luke || Nina

"Do i have too?" Luke questioned you as he laid back on his bed.

He has been like this for an hour now. You knew bringing up him meeting your parents would cause him to freak out. "Its just dinner." You stated.

Its not like they are going to rip him apart. You knew your dad could be a little demanding but he promised you he would be nice to Luke. Nice and your father don't really go hand in hand. But he promised, and you know your mom will try her best to keep him in line. You sigh as you lay down beside him.

"Nina, its not just dinner its dinner with your parents." He reached for your hand as he intertwined his fingers with yours.

You knew he would have a little nerves in it. But you have reassured him many times that everything will be fine.

"Luke no matter what happens at dinner it wouldn't change how i feel about you." He pulled you closer to him where your head is resting on his chest.

You don't know how many tikes you have told him this before. You knew he was nervous but after the dinner everything will be the same. You both lay their as no one says anything. His hands begin to run through your hair. This is so calming but you knew that you had to get home before you father killed you.

"Luke I have to go."

"Mhm" He mummers as his hands continue to play in your hair.

You start to giggle. You start to move away from his embrace. He groans in dismay. You can't help but laugh at him. He begins to pout as you grab your purse from him desk.

"Luke I'll see you in a few hours. Don't pout." You walk over to them. You kiss him sweetly before finally leaving his house.

..

"Dad you promised!"

You couldn't believe your dad. He was sitting around in the living room discussing how much of a bad guy Luke is. Your mom keeps nudging him as a sigh to get him to stop. The whole house gets silent as their is a knock at the door. You turn on your heels to head for the door but you stop as your father instructs that he is going to answer it.

You groan in annoyance but stop as he sends you a glare. Your dad is sure to be a little snappy but you hope that he puts that aside as he opens the door. You stand back behind him as he answers the door.

"Hello sir." You smile at Luke's greeting.

You watch as your father nods as he shakes Luke's outstretched hand. Your father soon moves out of the way giving him permission to enter the house. As Luke starts to head your way you notice a single red rose in his hand. His kisses your cheek before handing you the flower.

"Thanks." You mutter. You flush at the sight if your father watching you two.

Before anything is said your mother announces dinner is ready. You lead Luke into the dinning room. As he was about to sit next to you your father instructs him to sit closer to him. You send your father a glare. Luke smiles at you assuring that everything will be fine.

"Mom, dad is at it again." You grumble as you head to the kitchen to help your mom carry out the plates.

Your mother shakes her head as she carries two plates out of the kitchen. You grab two and follow after her. You notice as she hands your father his she whispers something to him. He nods before sticking his fort in his food. You look at your mom as she gives you a reassuring nod.

Placing Luke's plate in front of him. He mutters a thank you. You flush as his eyes make contact with yours. You soon head to your seat as your father starts to question Luke. You shake your head as your father brings up everything about collage. He knows Luke loves music and has a band that he has full confidence in.

"Don't hurt her!" You eyes land in your father as he stares only at your boy friend.

"Dad!" You are terrified that he is going to scare him off with this demeanor.

"Nina, it's fine." Luke speaks quietly before glancing back to your father. "Sir, I never planned on hurting your daughter. She is the nicest girl I have ever met and she deserves the best and I will strive to do everything and be everything she needs."

You were shock by his comments. You glanced between your father and him as shockingly your father nodded. "I believe she has the best. I hope you keep this promise."

Dinner flew by after those comments. You father seemed to be more relaxed, he even joked around with Luke. It was something you never thought would happen. You helped your mom clean the table as Luke and your father continued their discussion. You stayed in the kitchen waiting for your father to say anything on dismissing Luke.

"Nina come say goodbye to your boyfriend!"

You rushed out of the kitchen. Your father shook his hand and smiled at him. He nodded towards your mother as she just smiled. "I'll leave you too. Don't take long." You giggled at his empty threat. It also caused Luke to chuckle.

You walked towards the door. Luke kept smiling at you. He lead you outside so you guys could have a little privacy. "All good." He just smiled at you as he pulled you into a tight hug.

"Luke I told you everything was going to be fine." He hugged you tighter.

"I was worried but as your father eased up on me everything is fine." Pulling away from the hug he still kept his arms around you.

You placed your arms on his shoulders and clasped you hands behind his neck. He leaned into you. This kiss was sweet but cut short by the sound of your father knocking on the window. "Stay on his good side. Please." You whispered as he leaned his forehead against yours.

"I'll try. Night Nina" He kissed you again briefly before heading off down the street.