Michael || Victoria

M I C H A E L
I waited patiently for her, this was my first experience with online dating. I have been a nervous rack since Calum took my phone and asked her out for me. I couldn't think of anyone else that would be perfect for me. She was literally me in another form. But as the minutes began to tick on by, i couldn't help but feel she had stood me up.  My patience was warring thin as i began to get strange looks from others sitting around me.  The waiter kept giving me sympathetic looks as he returned asking me once more if i wanted to order anything.  I shook my head trying to reassure him and myself that she would arrive any moment now.

I gave up this waiting game as my third message was delivered and soon read.  This was a massive mistake, i knew online dating wouldn't work out for me.  No matter how much i liked this girl and believed we could have be great together.  It just seems she didn't feel the same, no one ever feels the same.  I am stuck with my feelings that are never going to be expressed to me.  My anger was coursing through my body as i wanted so badly to give her a piece of my mind.  How does she think she is ditching me? I treated her so nicely, i was always there for her.  Well never there there for her because tonight would have been the first night meeting her.  But i gave her all my time i could, i made sure she felt as special as all girls want to feel.  But it just wasn't good enough.  I get up from the table soon laying a small tip down for the waiter, at least he kept checking up on me.

I finally abandoned all the sympathetic stares and began walking home.  This felt like the walk of shame that girls go through after a one night stand. This moment was something i didn't want to go through and i hated seeing others go through.  But here i was feeling anger, a little towards her but more towards myself. I was a fool for talking to her as long as i did, as well as admitting that i would like to meet her. My head was hung low as i kicked the little pebbles that were scattered on the sidewalk.

"Michael!"

My head shot up as i looked up to see the girl that i had waited hours for. I scuffed and kept on walking, i personally don't want to see her now or even deal with her later.  But her heels were heard as they seemed to be furiously hit against the sidewalk.  She was coming closer, and making sure that she would catch up to me to give me some awful excuse. I wanted to so badly to speed up and leave her behind but my legs and mind decided that it wouldn't happen.  So now i was forced to hear the excuse.

"Michael i am so sorry, i didn't mean to be so late I-"

"You what? Huh? What excuse do you have? Please be a little creative with it."

She stood there looking at me wide eyed, i never wanted to blow up at her but this was something i couldn't keep in.  I was made to look like a fool and i wanted her to know how badly this experience was.

"You know what you can keep you pity excuse to yourself i don't want to hear it.  I sat in the restaurant and waited for you.  I WAITED FOR THREE HOURS! Three hours Victoria. I was given the sympathetic look by everyone that was seated near me.  I sat there looking like a fool." I clenched my firsts as a took a deep breath wanting to calm down before i said something that shouldn't be said to a woman.

Her mouth was gaped open as she just looked at me, i never wanted a first impression to be like this but i rather have this kind of impression than the one she had given me. Standing someone up on a first date is a the lowest thing someone can do.  I waited for her to give me some excuse, just anything. But she just stood there looking at me. Being speechless just showed me how much I was right about everything, she did all this on purpose.

"Thanks for wasting my time." As soon as the words left my mouth a stinging sensation had soon spread across my cheek.

My hand soon reached up to touch the throbbing area. I can't believe she had just smacked me, I opened my mouth ready to give her one more piece of my mind but her voice was soon heard once again.

"How dare you? If I was going to ditch you I would have never showed up. I forgot I promised a friend I would help her out with something. If you would have noticed my attire Michael you would have noticed I'm wearing two different shoes." I examined her attire and she was right. The shoe on her right didn't match the one on the left.

"I do apologize for making you wait three hours. I tried leaving earlier but she wouldn't have it. I rushed in massive hopes you were still here. I never wanted to be late...this date was very important to me, well that was until I realized how much of an asshole you are."

"I am an asshole." I muttered kicking the rocks at my feet. "I should have let you explain, I jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry"

"It's okay, I don't blame you one bit. I would have reacted the same way you did if someone was three hours late." She laughed.

"So how about restarting this date?"

"Sounds great." Her smile was wide as she stuck her hand out. "Hello Michael my name is Victoria and I will be your date for this evening."

I chuckled as I shook her hand.