Ashton || Sydney

You stayed seated in the couch as your three year old daughter stayed a sleep beside you. You never knew how hard it would be to be a single parent. You knew Ashton loved her but with tour and everything it was a little hard for him to help out with anything. The relationship ended between you two months after Lacey was born.

You hated yourself for it but you didn't want to get her hopes up on days her dad would come home and him not show up. She looked just like him. It was heartbreaking to look into those eyes and think of the one man you loved more than anything.

Lacey start to stir in her sleep as she curled up. You never understood what she dreamed about. Being a three year old she was closed off. She never talked much. Her words were soft and quite as she would actually speak. You moved some hair out of her face as her tensed body relaxed. You sighed leaning back on the couch as you focused on the Television.

You woke up to your daughters voice. She was talking to someone. You were worried. The thought of someone breaking into the house coursed your mind. But as you got closer his voice rung through. It was a voice you haven't heard in forever. As you walked into her room you saw him crouched down as she showed him her favourite toys. He would laugh as she talked. You never heard her talk so much.

"Mommy!" she stated rushing to you grabbing onto your hand pulling you towards the to familiar person. "Meet my new friend Ashton." Your daughter stated with a huge smile.

You looked to him as he smiled at you. "Nice to see you again Sydney." He spoke as his eyes never left you. You nodded not knowing what to say.

"Lacey how about you play in here for a little bit and let me talk to your friend." She nodded as she sat in front of her toy box and rummaged through it.

Ashton followed you out of her room as you lead him to the kitchen. "She is adorable." He stayed taking a seat at the counter.

"She is." You didn't know what to say but one question kept racing through your mind, you decided to ask it. "Why are you here?"

"Tour ended early and your birthday is coming up and I wanted to take you and Lacey out to celebrate it. Also I wanted to see her." He looked towards the hallway as he sighed.

You never let Ashton visit. You didn't want to make your daughter stress over rumours or anything that dealt with his fame. You wanted her to live a normal life and right now that is what she is doing.

"You should have called first. I don't want you to barge into her life and think you can drag her along then leave on tour. You wouldn't be here to hear her cry for you.!"

"Fuck Sydney she is my daughter too." Ashton's voice rose as he moved off the stool. You kept your eyes on him as he stepped towards you. "Dinner tomorrow for your birthday, I'll be over at 6." With that he walked out of the kitchen leaving you speechless.

You had your daughter dressed in a band tee that Ashton bought and sent to you while he was on tour. To wanted to show him that you kept it even after everything. She was giddy to she her friend again. You tied her small vans before making sure you looked nice. You haven't spent time with Ashton in awhile and even after everything you still for butterflies.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Ashton is nice. I like him, can he be my daddy.?" You didn't know how to respond to that. You were cut off by a knocking at the door.

You grabbed your daughters hand before walking to the door. Opening it you saw Ashton standing there in skinny jeans and a band tee. He bent down to look at Lacey as she just smiled. He looked at her shirt before looking to you.

"I like your shirt Lacey." He stated making her giggle. He then stood back up and looked to you. "Sydney you look beautiful as always." You blushed feeling the feelings you had for Ashton come back.

Lacey demanded Ashton to carry her which he did. The restaurant wasn't far from the house so you guys walked. Lacey kept talking to him mentioning how you never told her who her dad was and how she wanted Ashton to be her daddy. You looked away as his gaze met you.

You felt a little bad for never bringing it up to her but she didn't need to know, not now anyways. Finally entering the restaurant you notice a few familiar faces. Luke was first to embrace you in a hug and mumble how much he missed you being around. The other two was focused on Lacey's cuteness as Ashton kept her tight in his arms.

"You know he regretted everything while on tour." you looked to Luke as he kept his eyes on Ashton with Lacey. "He wanted to leave and help you raise her, he wanted to be your dream guy as well as the perfect dad. He wants to have it back Sydney. He wants to be there for her and you."

Luke's words made you think as he stepped away to go great the smiling girl. She was blushing as she hid her face in the crook of Ashton's neck. Her would rub her back as he laughed. Maybe just maybe a restart would be good.

The dinner was filled with Lacey talking. She declined sitting in the baby seat as she called it. So she stayed seated in Ashton's lap as he talked with Calum. You never saw your daughter smile so much. She looked happy, maybe he was what was missing.

"Sydney would you care to join me on a walk?" Ashton question as you played with your desert. You nodded before standing up. Ashton handed Lacey to Michael as he made her start laughing.

Leaving the restaurant you kept your distance from him as he just looked down walking. "I" you both stated at the same time. "You go first." He instructed, you nodded.

"Ash, I'm sorry. Luke told me you regretted it. And looking at you wit Lacey I regret not letting you see her sooner. I have never seen her talk so much in my life, she needed her dad...and so do I." You stopped walking as you looked to him. A small smile was placed across his face as he looked at you.

"Sydney. I love you, I mean I never stopped. I wanted you to come on tour with me but the baby was the main point at the time. I couldn't have you bring a month old baby on a bus. I missed holding her and kissing her head as she snuggled into my chest as she slept. God I missed waking up to the most beautiful girl in the world sleeping next to me. I want to be the guy of your dreams and the best dad for Lacey....but that's if you will let me." He stepped closer to you as your breathing picked up. "Please let me." He pleaded.

"Ashton I wouldn't ask for anything better." With that you placed your arms around his neck as you brought his lips to yours. He smiled into the kiss. Pulling away he placed you hand in his interlocking your fingers.

"Oh wait." He stopped walking as he let go of your hand. He pulled something out of his pocket. "I had this just in case you would let me come back." The box was small as he dropped to one knee. You couldn't believe this.

"Sydney. I know you just let me back in your life and our daughters but I never want to leave again. I want to always be there when you both need me. I want to be your husband. Please Sydney will you marry me." Opening the box was a elegant diamond ring.

"I will marry you." You spoke as he quickly placing the ring on your finger before twirling you around as he held onto you tight. "Oh god I love you so much." He stated as he kissed you. You never felt so happy.