Ashton || Emma

Luke stayed smiling at you as you stayed seated in front of him. you didn't understand his sudden smile but it was kind of contagious. as your smile broadened he started to laugh. you were getting confused with his actions.

you tensed up as his thumb brushed across at the corners of your mouth. you looked at him confused as he just looked onto you.

"you had a little something."

with his words, your face got bright in embarrassment. you couldn't believe you let that happen and he caught onto it. but you couldn't remember a time while you wiped your mouth. it's just a friendship thing. you always believed it was that.

the diner was closing and you knew that your boyfriend was going to be beyond pissed with your late timing. Luke noticed your frantic movements as he seemed to get worried.

"everything okay?" his eyes staying glued on you as he spoke.

"Ashton is just going to be pissed that I'm late coming home, again." Luke nodded understanding Ashton.

you helped pay the bill before walking out. Luke seemed to be on a roll tonight as his comedy jokes just seemed to get better. you loved his company. he was always the best person to go to.

reaching your house you quickly thanked Luke before heading in. as the door opened there stood Ashton. his jaw was clenched as his eyes kept a stern glare on you.

"do you know what time it is?" his tone was clipped.

"it half past 9. I was with Luke no big deal." you shrugged not seeing why he was getting so aggressive.

"no big deal? you're my girlfriend, not his. and what if something happened. it's too late for you to be out with him." his arms were crossed against his chest as his foot rhythmically tapped against the wooden floor.

you ignored his comment and walked past him. he was the way too much acting like a father than a boyfriend. you entered your bedroom tossing your bag and jacket onto the bed before looking for some pajamas.

"Emma I'm dead serious. spending time with Luke is getting out of hand." his stern voice was coming from behind you as you knew this topic wouldn't be dropped.

"ash seriously stop acting like my father. okay." you snapped. he didn't say anything else you knew arguing wasn't what you both were common too.

no arguments erupted from you two. but recently it just seemed to go into depth. you quite didn't understand why. Ashton was busy with band stuff, writing with Michael. and you always seemed to be spending more time with Luke, oh god that's it.

"you're jealous."

"am not." his arm stayed crossed as he seemed to pout.

"oh, surly you are. your pouting."

"I don't pout." He didn't look at you as his posture stayed the same.

"ah sure." you giggled.

"don't make this a happy situation Emma. I'm pissed at you."

"stop being overprotective will ya." he stepped towards you. you didn't know if he was controllably angry or in seconds he was going to break something.

"I can't." his breath fanned your face as he placed his forehead against yours. his eyes closed as he seemed to concentrate. "I love you. I said those words to the only family. but Emma I love you. that's why I'm overprotective. I know you and Luke are best friends but serious I swear Luke is in love with you. but I can't let him steal the one thing that means the world to me, my girl. my world, clearly you."

his eyes slowly opened as he looked to you. you didn't know what to say or how to react. but his words were moving, sweet and loving. you placed your arms around his neck as you knew he sighed with relief. "ash, I love you too. so damn much. I'm going to say this once, you don't have to worry about Luke. because one...he is my best friend. and two....no guy can ever make me feel the way you do."

a smile so formed on his lips as he just stared at you. his lips brushed against yours as he softly spoke. "I love you." his lips soon pressed to yours as the kiss was more passionate and loving.