Michael || Aneth

M I C H A E L 

Everyone was here, everyone I have loved are here placed in a room to watch me marry the one person that makes this hell hole of a reality just a little bit better.  I never imagined myself to be standing here in a tux to marry someone.  This was not the future I had planned for myself until I met Aneth.  They swooped into my life and knocked me off of my feet, I know cheesy thing to say but it is true.  My hands nervously gripped my pants legs as I just was waiting for her to make her appearance. I feel Ashton place his hand on my shoulder squeezing it, I know I look nervous to everyone around me, but this moment I can't fuck up.  This moment is too important to me.  

The few minutes I stood up here with the groomsmen and the bridesmaids, started to feel like hours. The fear the they had left, that this all became too much and Aneth couldn't handle.  A small image of them running out the front door with their gown being forcefully gripped in their hand as they just slowly started to disappear in the distance. I lightly shake my head as I know Aneth wouldn't do this to me, they love me too much to just leave me like this right?

All the worry soon escapes my mind as the music begins to play.  Everyone raises from their seats as they look to the entrance. There they were, my vision became glassy as I couldn't look away from them.  My hands quickly started to wipe the tears that began to stream down my face.  I knew Aneth was beautiful but in this moment I knew they were the angel that had shown me what true happiness was. A smile graced their lips as they looked at me, I smiled back as tears continued to fall.  Aneth's father looked at me, his eyes more welcoming than they were when we first met.  I knew he never wanted me to be with them but I wasn't going to stop proving myself to Aneth, as well as their family.  

I franquitly wiped my eyes as she was soon standing near me.  I barely can concentrate on what is being said as I take in Aneth's beauty.  Their hair placed up as a few piece frame their face, honestly just more breath taking up close.  Aneth's father steps closer to me as he places. 

"Thank you for making them happy, just don't break their heart."  I nodded as all I wanted was to prove to Aneth every moment, of everyday that I love them. 

The smile that graced their lips was there but wider as we just looked at each other.  This was happening, this was the moment we both were waiting for.  To spend the rest of our lives together and to never imagine our lives without the other. 

"You look beautiful," I whispered. 

A blush spread across their face as it always did when I complimented them.  It was cute. Before I knew it, it was time to read our vows to each other.  I knew this was the moment that we spoke our feelings to each other.  This moment was to prove that we love each other in front of our friends and family.  I was eager to hear what Aneth had written but I was more eager to speak mine first. 

"I'll go first." 

I cleared my throat as I grabbed their hands a little tighter, "So this might end up being the most cheesy thing ever but I just have to say this.  I was a mess, and I mean a mess before you walked into my life.  I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, or where I was going. But then I met you.  It oddly was a blind date that neither of us wanted to go on but I will forever remember it as the day my world flipped upside down, in a good way.  You made me feel like I belonged, the the demons in my head are wrong and that I need to be on the Earth for as long as you grace this planet.  Aneth, there is has made me feel the way that you do.  I knew from the very beginning that this is where I wanted to be standing with you.  Expressing the love we feel for each other in front of our loved ones.  I want to grow old with you and experience all the wild times that will soon face us.  I know we will have our ups and downs as well as moments that we might want to give up and call quits.  But I also know that in those moments we will fall back to one another no matter how much time will pass.  I never believed in the soulmates until I met you.  Aneth, you were my love in a passed life and no matter what happens we will always find our way.  I love you so much." 

I knew with each word that escaped my lips a tear fell with it. I have never expressed emotions like this in front of anyone besides Aneth.  They remove their hand from my grasp as their soft fingers wipe against my cheek catching a few tears as they fall. I reach up grabbing their hand holding it as they caresses my cheek. 

"Michael," Their voice cracked as I squeezed their hand ever so slightly. 

"There isn't much I can say here, as you had said it all.  I know that is a weak way of getting out of saying how I feel.  But seeing you up here crying, showing just how vulnerable you can truly be means more to me than some silly words. I placed up walls, walls to see just how much you truly cared.  I wanted to be the person that made you sure of yourself and speak the feelings you had locked away.  And I promised myself that when that moment happened I would know where I belong.  And I belong here with you no matter where you are.  You can push me away and yell hurtful things at me but I will be standing waiting for you.  I am your comfort and home as you have been mine from day one.  Michael Clifford, I love you and I am ready for this journey of self discovery that we are about to go down together." 

As the words were announced to kiss the bride, I leaned forward grabbing the person that meant the world to me.  As this kiss symbolize not just our love but our promise to one another.