Calum || Amanda

There she stood. She didn't know how long she stayed standing there watching all the cars pass. But his arrival was all worth it to her. She couldn't remember what happened months before this. But she knew that today was the day he would arrive and all her misfortunes would change.

Her eyes waited for a car to stop, and for him to walk out and embrace her in the tightest hug. But nothing. No cars stopped they all seemed to be in a rush to something or anything. A yellow cab pulled up to the curb her heart sped up. But as the window came down she was disappointed.

"Need a ride miss?" The man asked with a slight accent. She shook her head.

She didn't want a ride she wanted to wait. The sky slowly dimmed as she felt herself getting tired. This wasn't happening he couldn't have forgot about her. Placing her hand on her head as a strong pain courses through.

She closed her eyes wishing it would stop. Sitting on the ground she whimpered as the pain grew. She didn't know what was happening. Strangers would walk by and look at her strange but she was engulfed in pain to even notice.

"Hey are you okay?" A soft voice asked.

Her pain drifted, she looked up to meet brown eyes. She nodded but by this strangers actions he didn't believe it. He placed himself beside her. She looked at him strangely but she didn't push his presence off. He looked out into the busy street as people seemed to be in a rush.

He wasn't aware of her past or yet who she was. But all he wanted to know why was she always out here everyday at the same time. He don't want to be a stalker and mutter that he has been watching her but she is the only sight he sees from his apartment window.

He watched her close her eyes an sigh to herself. She felt like her whole world was crashing down. She hoped everyday that he would show up but nothing. She looked to the boy his eyes were focused in her. She felt a little uncomfortable.

"Oh sorry." He muttered as she caught himself starring. "May I ask why you are out here so late?"

His question caught her off guard. No one asked her why. They just assumed she was crazy but she knew she wasn't. She was waiting.

"I'm waiting." She softly spoke.

He raised his eyebrow at her words. Waiting; waiting for what?

"Waiting for what?"

She sighed. This was going to seem like the stalking, clingy girlfriend but he promised. "My boyfriend. That's who I'm waiting on. He promised to be here on this day but he hasn't shown up."

Her pain soon stepped in as she started to whimper in pain. It was getting worse with each thought of the day.

"Oh, he could be late. He will show up. Do you mind if I wait with you?" She opened her eyes and looked at the boy. He seemed so sweet and understanding.

"Okay." Simple answer. "What's your name?" She needed to know, she could imagine being friends with him.

"Calum, what about you?" she smiled. She liked his name.

"Amanda." Calum's small smile faded as she muttered her name. His memory of the news. The name was so common but that face he swore was similar.

She was the girl. She was the girl that her boyfriend died in the same car accident. It was a month ago, Calum couldn't think straight. He closed his eyes to think of what the date was and then his jaw dropped it was the same date as today.

Amanda watched his expression change she got scared. Was he going to kills her. Or was her name a name he hated. She was worried. He reopened his eyes and looked at her with sadness. Why was he like this?

The sound of screeching tired made her close her eyes as a imagine came into mind. He was there. Her loving boyfriend was in the imagine. They were smiling. But wait she couldn't get the sound if his scream to vanish.

She felt someone place a arm on her shoulder as she hear her own scream. Calum's sweet voice was trying to soothe her. Her breathing was heavy as she tried to understand what was going on.

Calum knew something was up with her. The doctor reports inspected brain damage and loss of memory. What made his heart ache for this girl was she had no one. All her family was gone she had him and he left her. He took her hand helping her to her feet. Calum had a idea.

"Come with me." He spoke. Amanda shook her head. She knew she couldn't leave.

"I live right here and you can keep a good idea on the street and if he comes." She nodded understanding an soon followed him. The short walk she took glanced knowing he would come he couldn't leave her.

Calum entered his little apartment as she pulled a chair by the window as she just watched. He knew this was going to be hard. He offered her something to drink but she denied it. He fished to his room and got his laptop.

Amanda's eyes wouldn't leave the street she wanted make her hopes stay. She needed him as he muttered many times that he needed her. She felt something being place in her lap. She looked over to see Calum. Looking down she saw his photo. His smile was bright and she couldn't help but smile in happiness.

"That's him, how did you know.?" Amanda questioned.

She watched as he clicked in the link which soon sent him to a page. The top read Boy Died In Car Crash. She was a lost for words. This was lies he wasn't died. She pushed the laptop away. Looking at the clock on the wall it was 1am. He wasn't here. Could it be true.?

"Amanda, please come sit with me." She looked to the window then behind her to Calum.

She sighed and moved away from her current seat. He still had his laptop placed with him as he kept showing her things. Her memory slowly began to resurface. Her eyes got watery as the photo of her was shown. She knew her head pain wasn't something that she was use to.

Calum placed his arm over her shoulders as she cried into his chest. He wanted to help her. Deep down he had a feeling growing that he wanted to be the guy that would be there for her and she will never have to be the girl on the curb waiting.

...

Authors note...

Sooo sorry if this was bad. I decided to try something new. Comment what you think. Love you guys :)