Luke || Kaitlin

The lines were long. There were screaming children everywhere. People being pushed and bumped into every few minutes.

You couldn't see where people found massive amounts of joy in this horrific place. You cringed at the idea of eating something from one of those disgusting stands. A shiver ran up your spine as you passed people enjoying the greasy substances. This was literally going to be a nightmare. You couldn't think of any reason why you or anyone would have decided to come here in the first place.

But has the blond boy squeezed your hand, you knew exactly why you decided to come. It was for his happiness, it was to see the dazzling smile - you loved so much. It hasn't made an appearance in a while, but you were happy to see it slightly come back even if it was for a few hours. He eagerly pointed at random rides indicating that he wanted to ride those.

No matter how much you wanted to refuse to enter the metal death traps, you knew you couldn't tell him no. You never have been able to tell him no. His happiness was something that meant the world to you. This was going to be the best day of his life no matter if it was going to be the worst day for you.

****

"Luke, I told you not to eat too many funnel cakes before getting on that last ride." You rubbed his back as he leaned over the trash can letting every last piece of the funnel cakes out.

"Kaitlin" Your name was followed by the release of more funnel cake.

Usually, him saying your name was something that made your heart stop but that surely didn't have the same effect. He stood back up taking the napkin you handed him wiping his mouth. Luke slowly headed over to a set of benches before plopping down with a groan.

"Don't move I'm going to go get you a water." You instructed before leaving him by himself.

The slight fear of him leaving him by himself washed over you. Especially when he had emptied everything within his stomach into a trash can after riding the rollercoaster 3 times. You smile at him not caring and just having fun. Sometimes you wish you were more like him.

Purchasing the water from a nearby stand you head back to him. His head is placed in his hands as he is hunched over groaning ever so slightly.

"Here" You hand him the water as you sit beside him. He thanks you under his breath before cracking it open and chugging half of it.

"Sorry I dragged you here, I know how much you hate amusement parks" His eyes didn't meet yours as he fiddled with the bottle cap.

Luke was always this sweet guy that was aware of the kindness that happened around him. He never not thanked you for doing something for him. Even if it was just taking his plate to the sink while you were also taking your own. He just always wanted to make sure that you, as well as everyone that meant something to him, felt appreciated.

"You didn't drag me here, I wanted to come." Nudging him with your elbow.

You could see a faint smile. Which was majorly infectious.

The sun was setting and Luke was starting to feel a little better. No matter if you hated this place so much spending time with Luke made it all worthwhile. The walk to the car was silent, and you were always eager to crack open that mind of his to see what causes those gears to turn.

"Kaitlin, do you ever think you would be happier with someone that enjoys the same things as you?"

You stopped in your tracks, looking at him with confusion. Where in the hell was this question coming from? Did you do something to cause that one gear of dumb questions to turn? You had to think about it for a moment. There were so many things you had never told him, all the worries you have had regarding the status of him being way to perfect to be with someone like you. I mean isn't that a common thought for some people regarding the person they loved?

You kept your eyes glued to him he adverted his eyes down to stare at his fiddling fingers.

"Yes."

His eyes quickly looked at you. You smiled at him before laughing. He smiled shaking his head.