Luke || Lexi

You and your best friend stayed laying on your bed. You wanted to tell him what happened today but he seemed to be having one of his bad days. You had to keep quiet. But the excitement kept growing with each passing moment.

"Okay I have to tell you something." You raised up turning to look at him as he propped himself up on his elbows.

"Okay, first is it bad or good?" He question. You knew he wanted to know if he had to beat the shit out of someone or be happy for his best friend.

"Good. No GREAT news." He smiled at you raising up until his back was pressed against the headboard.

"I have a date.."

"A date? With who? When? How?"

"Luke enough with the questions. Umm yes a date, with Ashton, tomorrow night, he asked me." You couldn't help but smile. You were beyond excited for it.

"Ah...i have to go." Luke spoke as he quickly got off the bed.

"But you always stay for dinner."

"Not tonight."

You watched him leave. You didn't understand what his deal was or what was up with him. You grabbed your phone knowing he is probably out the door and headed home by now but you decided to text him.

*Did I do something wrong?*

*No Lexi....i just had to head home. Hang out after your date?*

*Sure*

He never texted back. You were worried that something was bothering him but you never could think what it was. He was always happy and being silly. But mentioning your date you watched him change. You couldn't read the cores soon on his face but he was just different.

*

You spent the whole day not talking to Luke. Since yesterday you didn't know if it was a good idea to. You were ready for your date. You stayed seated in the living room. You rushed to the door in hopes it was Ashton.

"Lexi, I need to talk to you." Luke muttered rushing in.

"Luke I'm about to go on my date."

It'll only take a minute."

"Okay. Go on."

"I left yesterday because I was jealous. I always liked you. But you only saw me as a friend. I was fine with that. But the way you were so excited about going out with Ashton I lost it. I just wanted to be the reason you smiled everyday. Just want you to love me the way I've fallen in love with you." He stepped closer to you.

Love? He loves me? No. You have known Luke for years. He couldn't have. He has seen you at your worst he just can't. It's not possible. But the question was..

Do I feel the same?

You can't get me wrong Luke is a attractive guy. Loved by many girls. But with everything we've been through and how long we've known each other I just don't think I can.

"Luke I love you..." You watched as his eyes lit up. "But only as a friend. I'm sorry."

You both turned your attention to the door. You smiled at the sight of Ashton before turning your attention back to your -broken hearted- best friend.

"You okay? I'm truly sorry Luke."

He shook his head as he decided to put on a fake smile. "Don't worry about it. Go have fun on your date."

You nodded before walking towards Ashton. He greeted you with a smile as you returned the gesture. He grabbed your hand in his as you both walked out of the house. You took a quick glance back as you saw Luke just standing there as he watched you leave.