Ashton || Amber

He was late, again. He always seemed to put things before you. You weren't conceded but you knew that in a relationship you were meant to give attention to one another. You rubbed you sweaty palms on your dress as you stayed seated at the table. A year with him and he can't seem to keep a day remembered.

"Mate, you're drunk" You left your seat at the table. Stepping into the living room you notice Michael placing Ashton on the couch.

Ashton starts murmuring unknown words. You sigh to yourself. Knowing this is the fifth night in a row that he has been escorted into the house after consuming to many alcoholic beverages. You hated this side of him. He never cared about anything when he was like this. He always spoke anything that popped into his head nothing filtered.

"Thanks."

"No problem." Michael answers. "Oh and Amber." You glance towards him. "He is really mouthy tonight. Just know most if the stuff he might say was needed to be brought up awhile back." He simply states before walking out.

Gosh. What has Ashton done that you don't know about? What has he said? You watch as he tries to set up on the couch. He soon tumbles forward. He falls face first back onto the couch. You try not to laugh at him in his new drunken state. "Where Sara go?" His voice strained yet slurred.

Sara.

Who is Sara?

"Sara?" You asked confused.

"The girl that was grinding on me at the club. Man she was fine."

Your heart shattered. Did he kiss her? Did they do anything besides dance?

"Oh. Any other girls?"

"Um...." he leaned back on the couch as his hand began to stroke his chin as he pondered the question. "Sara, El, Jess, and oh Sandra." He smiled proudly with the last name.

"What about Sandra makes you smile so brightly Ash?" You question.

"Oh. Michael so many things." You felt proud he was to drunk to know he was talking to you. "She was perfect in every form. God Sandra is way better then Amber in every way."

Another sharp pain stabbed right at your heart. Better? How could she be better? Is it the sex?

"In what forms is she better then your girlfriend Amber?" You made sure to make the word girlfriend more clear.

He soon busted out into laughter. His drunken laughter was an awful sound. "The sex was defiantly way better. She always new a few things if you know what I mean." He winked at you.

That was enough to know what needed to happen. He would never say none of these things in the sober state. You were kinda thankful for him being this way. You couldn't stand not knowing everything you thought was perfect was just a facade you what was really happening. You looked away from him as he started to speak about something less important or so you thought.

"I'm going to end it with Amber anyways. She's such a bitch."

That was it. The final blow to your so fragile heart. You look back to him to notice he has passed out.

Thank god.

You don't think you could handle his truth. You head upstairs making sure to slam your bedroom door as you do.

...

"Babe." You open your eyes to see Ashton leaning over top of you.

He looked as if he just got out of the shower. You smiled at him, the love he has but the memories of last night soon shifts your smile. "You okay?"

You don't say anything as you push at his shoulders. He soon gets the message and moves away from you. "Amber, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"It's something. What is it?"

"Lets ask Sandra."

You glance to him as his face pales. "S-Sandra?"

"Yeah let's tell her how better she is then me."

"I never said anything like that."

Oh you wish his memory would work when he is drunk. "Oh babe you did."

He shakes his head as he thinks you are joking. "Sandra is no one." He mutters.

"No one. She seemed to make a big impression on you by what ive heard."

"W-Who.....H-How?"

"Ashton did someone ever tell you that you talk a lot when you're drunk?" He shakes his head. You start to laugh, this is how it was all going down. You telling him the truth that was spoken last night as he acts as if nothing ever happened.

You get up from the bed, heading out of the room you make your way to the bathroom. You hear his foot steps behind you. Closing the door as you entered you heard him hit his fist against the wall. You slide your back down the door as you eased to the floor. He cheated, he knows he is in the wrong. After knowing he knows you are not in the dark anymore what will happen? Will this be the end of it all? It needs to happen, there isn't much you can take anymore, he has countless times done this. He doesn't know how this makes you feel because after he sobers up he is out yet again. Raising up from the floor you take a deep breath. Opening the bathroom door you look down the hall way then up. No sign of him. Entering the bed room you find his drawers open, along with the closet door wide open. He left? Walking closer to the bed you find a note. Picking it up you quickly read over it.

Dear Amber,

Yes i cheated. I cant change my mistakes, it is something that i will live with forever. While you locked yourself in the bathroom i called Michael. He explained my outbursts to me last night and the dancing with Sara. It was something that i shouldn't have done but the truth is i don't regret it. I love you yes, but this needed to be done earlier. It is something i have wanted to do, the thought of you changing was what kept me strong. Amber you are a little ticking time bomb, i just waited for the little fuse to be lit. And the outbursts of my issues were realized this morning. You need to understand that if anything will work out we both need to find away to fix it.

You cant just blame me for the mistakes. Amber the love affair you had with Calum and Luke the first two months we were together were something that has always haunted me. But the thing with Sandra started then, i wanted her in the ways i wanted you but she gave me more. Maybe more excitement. You always were the something nothing exciting. People get bored with the same old same old. I wish you luck on finding someone new. In hopes they love you as much as i did, but maybe more. You need someone that will stand up for themselves with you and will not sit back like i once did.

Amber this is goodbye.

Love,

Ashton x