Luke || Sabrina

"you are such an embarrassment." your daughter's voice ringed throughout the house.

there was only two people she could say that to, her brother or her father. but as his stern voice spoke up to her you knew exactly who it was. he just couldnt leave the poor girl be at times, but you knew he was just looking out for her. he was her father, and he did cherish her. you couldnt help but smile at the memories of them two as she was growing up. she would only sleep if he tucked her in, nothing was done right unless he done it. but as she reached middle school he got more strict on her ways and habits, making everything into a fight.

with the slam of her door you knew he was coming downstairs. you stayed seated on the couch as he soon appeared his face full of anger. he didnt even look towards you as he headed down the hall towards the bedroom. shit he must be more pissed then you thought. you wanted Luke to calm down before talking to him, knowing that if you did talk to him now that would lead to you arguing with him and you are surely not in the mood for that.

"leave me alone!" your daughter yelled as your fingers knocked on her door. ignoring her protest you entered. she groaned and you knew she was going to yell something unneeded but her expression softened as she noticed it was you.

"why so fussy?"

"dad just has to make my life awful." you watched as she fell back on her bed as she buried her face into her pillow.

you placed your self on the end of the bed as you sighed. "carter, he doesnt mean to do that. that is actually mine and your brother's job." i heard her life slightly. "your dad loves you sweetie."

"no he doesnt, mom he completely did it on purpose i just cant believe him."

"what did he do?" you were still lost on this awful thing that he did, but you knew most likely she was making it worse then it meant to be.

"so you Jason, the boy that i talk about alll the time?" you nod. "well i was at lunch talking to him and enjoying everything, he was being a little flirty. i was hoping he was going to ask me to the dance but then dad showed up. he just completely told Jason that i liked him, he ran off so fast i couldnt even say anything to him. then everyone around me started to laugh."

you couldnt help but giggle, it was pretty bad but you are pretty sure every parent has ruined their child's love life some how. you just know since luke got to carter before you did, then Wesley's was who you were meant to ruin. you watched as your daughter sat up in her bed as she narrowed her eyes at you.

"its not funny!"

"sweetie it is fine, your dad - "

"i hate him! i never want to talk to him again, ever."

with that said you tried talking to her but she was now ignoring you. you knew she would be upset for a few days but she couldnt hate him. leaving her room you spotted Luke sitting on the floor with his back against the wall. you shut her door before placing yourself beside him.

"she hates me huh?" you shook your head, not wanting him to think of the bad. "Sabrina, i heard her. i am the worst father ever."

he placed his head in hands. "Luke, she is just mad. she will come around."

before he could say anything else a door creaked open. you looked up to see your daughter standing there her eyes were red rimmed as she looked towards you. you knew she wanted to be alone with him, you moved up from the floor as you headed off down the hall. nothing was going to stop you from eavesdropping on this conversation.

"dad?"

"carter i am fine."

"dad, i am sorry i dont hate you."

"i get it i embarrassed you, its fine."

"it's not, daddy please look at me. please."

you watched as luke looked up to his daughter. he soon stood to his feet as he pulled her to his chest. "i didnt mean to embarrass you, i just didnt think when i was talking. i am so sorry sweetie."

"dad its okay, i mean i over reacted. Jason wasnt that bright of a guy anyways." luke laughed as he held her tightly to him. "i love you sweetheart."

"I love you too, daddy."

"mommy what are you doing?" you looked behind you to see your son standing there as Ashton stood their behind him.

"Nothing just looking at the wall." you tried playing to cool.

but as luke and carter came down from the hallway as you knew you were caught. "yeah i bet you hear a lot from that wall huh?" Ashton questioned with a smirk.

"we knew she was listening." luke shrugged as he just smiled. he kissed your cheek before your son begged for you to pick him up.

"were you crying luke?" Ashton questioned.

"maybe, but everything is good. i have learned to watch what i am going to say so i dont make my little girl sad anymore."