Michael || (Y/N)

Privacy.
A word that held a mass amount of meaning to you. A word that you were sure everyone respected. Well that was until you started dating someone that the world wanted to get to know. And that word surely was slipping all their minds. You grew up never asking questions that were too personal or way past the line of small talk. You were curious if people learned that lesson or they skipped that class.
As the post plays over in your head you were aware it was a word that vanished from society's vocabulary a long, and you mean long time ago. The words that forever haunted you were bolded. BOLDED. The pain, the suffering, the struggles you went through. A few words that defined your past and there they were displayed for the whole world to see. BOLDED.
You knew everyone saw this. The more you refresh the higher the likes, shares go up. Your heart sank. He saw this. He had to have. His eyes has to have glanced over the wording that a person across the room could see starting at the screen without squinting.
He was going to hate you.
He was going to never reply to one message that your fingers continue to tap and send.
He was going to vanish, without a single word.
Who do you blame in this situation. Who do you blame when something so dark, something that haunts your happy dreams. Something you can't help but replay in your mind as the man you love holds you close to him.
Hell, you know he needed to know eventually. But the fear of looking like someone who can't fix their own problems. The fear of looking like a person reaching out for attention. Scare you away from speaking the words to him.
But the bolded words we're getting that response. The response of pity. The response of reaching out as if you needed them to comfort you.
This was your issue.
Your past.
Your little demon that haunted you.
No one else needs to see you cry after his hands touch your body. No one needs to see you cry as you question if he truly meant the words he spoke to you before and after.
Were you truly beautiful, breath taking to him. Did he truly love you. Or was that just said so he can do what he wants.
No matter if this is how you felt. The world now knew and was ready to throw un-need gas into the fire.
Tears brim your eyes but you try not to let them leak out. Not let them cascade down your face and show the walls you built he broken. No matter if they were broken already or not. That was your business and your business alone.
How was this okay? How was the thing you pushed back the most fall into their hands. It was hidden from as many people as you wanted it to be. And told to a few.
Michael was surely not one of them. Why would you tell the man that sees you as this tough, strong woman that behind that front you are a broken person. You are meant to pick him up when he's down and not let him see you struggle. His career and the rumors are alone a struggle to deal with. He needs you. His fans need him and that is the last thing you want to tear him away from. Because they are his world. As he is their rock.
He has enough on his plate. You were not going to be the feather that broke the camels back. No.
Not this time.
Your messages were still unread. And the longer time ticked by the more it felt like you had nothing left. He was going to leave like everyone else did that found out. Who wants to pick someone up. Hell who wants something damaged?
Your head quickly turned to the door as it swung open. He stood there, breathing heavily as his chest rose up and down so quickly. His eyes glued on you as you were a loss for words.
Nothing was said between you to. As you waited for the goodbye. As you waited for the simple "I can't do this."
He took cation as he walked towards you. His steps were so soft as if he was a hunter sneaking up on his prey.
Taking the seat next to you. But surely keep distance. His body turned facing you as his eyes never left yours.
His eyes were so piercing as you had to look away. You knew he was still starring at you. He was, as you glanced back at him.
Silence started to hang heavy over you guys. You had to say something. Anything. But every time you tried he shook his head.
"Stop"
Stop? Stop what? You waited hopping he would say something. Anything and what flowed out of his mouth was not what you expected.
"Stop, don't explain. Don't apologize. Don't say anything until I say what I have to." He took a deep breath soon letting it out.
"I knew you had baggage. Shit I have some too. I never wanted you to feel like you had to tell me everything that you been through in pure detail because that is not what I wanted. I wanted you to tell me what you were comfortable with. I wanted you to feel like this was a safe place. But as we talked I knew something stayed in the back of your mind. Don't you think I felt you tense under my touch. Don't you think I hear you cry as I'm about to leave. I knew there was something there. Something that was eating away at you. But I don't want to ask because I didn't care. I didn't care because the girl that happened to is not the girl I'm with no."
His hand reached for mine hesitantly.
"No. You are so much stronger. Putting someone before yourself. Caring about me and the stuff that I go through more. You are strong. You are not who you were. You are broken but that doesn't define you. You are defined by how you picked yourself up. You are defined by how you are still standing. That fucker that did this to you will be forever haunting you. But I want to be here and help that to not be so strong. Dammit I don't care if it takes years!"
His hand squeezed mine as soon as it was placed in his.
"I will stand here with you. I will be there for ever tear that leaves those beautiful eyes of yours. I will be there for every insecurity and doubt you have to reassure you. I will not leave your side. You have cared for some many people your whole entire life. Let me care for you. Let me wash away all your worries. Let me help you repair the wall as time goes on. I know the only place I belong is right here with you. So trust me baby, I'm not going anywhere. Ever."
His lips brushed my knuckles as he brought my hand to his lips. A gentle kiss was placed against my skin. I shyly smiled. Not wanting to question his words or even try and warn him of the struggle that was ahead of him and yet myself.