Chapter Five

I wrote the last part of this chapter even before I wrote the prologue and I had been dying to update this since like 8-9 months or so 😅😅
Update before uploading: I waited for more than a year because I take weeks to update 🙄🙄🔫
And I don't even know if I described it good enough 😝🙊😭🔫

Honestly I don't even remember what happened in the past chapters /.\
Recap::
......Hafsa falls sick. Shehry wants to apologise but couldn't meet her before his flight. Hafsa's aunt argues with her about being blinded by love.
......Hussain fails to convince Karan to postpone their project and breaks the contract to go to Pakistan.
......Pakeezah is beaten by her uncle for going out of the house. She tells Roohana how she had once met Faruq through her Taya.

Happy Reading!!! <3

PAKEEZAH's POV
(Pakistan, 2019)

"Api!" Ruksaar's scream echoed in this empty room where I was changing the bedsheets. She came running through the door and grabbed my arms, spinning me around with her.

"Uth gayeen tum!" I laughed, seeing her so excited.

"Apne humein pehle Kyun Nahi uthaya? Kitni saari taiyaariyan karni hai Abhi!" She whined about waking up late and plopped down on the bed, creasing the crisp bedsheet.

"Hato yahan Se!" I hurriedly pulled her back on her feet and patted the bed sheet to make it flat again. "Teen baar uthaane ayi Thi par Ruksaar madam Toh jab soti hai Toh uthne ka naam hi Nahi leti."

"Kya api! Hum raat teen baje tak padh rahe the na!" She pouted at me, defending herself, "dark circles ho jaate agar hum jaldi uth jaate toh."

"Hmm Aur fir Hussain darr Kar bhaag jaate!" I chuckled, shaking my head, and she gasped.

"Haw api! Aisa Toh na bolo!" She slapped my arm, "ek Toh humein Pata bhi Nahi woh kaise dikhte Hein. Upar Se unke aane Se pehle unhe bhagaane wali hein aap."

"Acha acha, Nahi bhagaati tumhaare Hussain Ko!" I walked past her to get the pillow cases, "waise bhi, mujhe pata hai woh kaise dikhte hein."

I teased her, knowing exactly how desperately she wanted to see his photo before he came. My heart squeezed, realising that they were coming today. I was not sure how excited I was about Hussain's visit, considering our last meeting that was a disaster, but it has been ten years so its okay, yeah?

"Api!" Ruksaar shook me out of my thoughts by tugging on to my arm, "batao na woh kaise dikhte hein?"

"Bata doon?" I asked her and she desperately nodded at me.

Maathe par silwatein. Lambi naak. Baccho jaisi muskurahat. Aur kadd (height) toh hamesha se lamba hi tha. Mujhse kitne lambe honge woh?

"Ab batao bhi!" She shook me again, annoying me. I pulled my hand out of her grip and ran towards the door.

"Bilkul bandar jaise!" I yelled on my way and she screamed behind me. I laughed as I ran downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. The smell of fresh masalas told me that Tayi was well into doing some magic here.

"Kya bana rahe ho?" I asked as I sneaked behind her and hugged her.

"Bohot kuch," she replied as she took some biryani rice on a spoon and fed me, "Kaisa hai?"

"Aap banao aur accha na bane, aisa kabhi hua hai?" I kissed her cheek as stepped away.

"Haan haan, laga le makkhan," She shook her head as I checked all the large dishes. "Tayi, meethe main kya hai? Main halwa bana doon?"

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें