Chapter Fourteen

I totally forgot I had to update this /.\

Note: It is the 2nd half of chapter 13 so it is super short. I was going to add more scenes to it but I didn't get time to do so.

HUSSAIN'S POV

Its over! My life is over!

In the next half an hour, I will be married in the most unexpected circumstances and my life will be a complete mess. Not that it's not a mess already!

Other than immediate family, there were only a few more people present in the room and I couldn't believe how shamelessly happy all of them looked. Especially Ruksaar; she was running around the room with no hint of guilt on her face as if she was not the one freaking out in that room, less than an hour ago. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't care about it at all. After all, she belongs to this family too.

"Hussain!" Someone nudged me from behind and I snapped out of my thoughts. So many pairs of eyes were watching me while I looked around, trying to observe my surroundings.

"Kya aapko qubool hai?" Maulvi sahab's voice echoed in my ears and I finally realised what was happening. I zoned out.

Someone nudged me again, urging me to speak up.

"Qubool hai," I uttered with a heavy heart and repeated it twice before signing the Nikkah papers. Shehry patted my shoulder as Maulvi sahab got up and walked to the other side of the room where all the ladies were.

"Kya soch raha hai?" his voice grabbed my attention. He sighed when I looked up at him and then sat beside me on the couch.

"Hussain, it's your Nikkah so can you please cheer up?" He whispered to me. My eyes scanned all the faces in the room before I finally spotted dad. He was already looking at me but it took him hardly one second to break the gaze.

How can I cheer up and enjoy? These people insulted my dad and made him believe that I am wrong just to see this day.

"I can't, Shehry," I shook my head, "you have no idea what they-" I can't tell him anything; what if he stops the wedding?

"They what, Hussain? You were going to tell me something earlier too! Is there something we should know?" Shehry frowned at me but I refused to say further. Amjad uncle will not sign the papers unless this wedding takes place and if I told Shehry anything, he will stop the ceremony instantly.

That's if he believes me. After all, I am the guy who 'dragged' Pakeezah to the terrace. I groaned inwardly, remembering the term Shehry has used earlier.

"I have to use the washroom," I changed the topic and got up to leave when my eyes caught a glimpse of someone through the net curtain that was drawn in the middle of the room.

Pakeezah! My heart skipped a beat. Although her dupatta was covering her face, I could obviously still tell she was the one sitting there. She had the same papers in her hands that I had signed a few minuted ago.

"She is about to sign them. Can you wait until it is done?" Shehry spoke behind me, grabbing my attention.

"Wait for what?" I asked him as I sat down on the couch again.

"You wanted to use the toilet?" He raised an eyebrow, reminding me, and then shook his head, "anyway, I have to get my iPad from Ruksaar. She took it when mama wanted to talk to Pakeezah but never brought it back."

Waise toh ek phone call theek se nahi hoti, ab video calls ho raheen hein!

He walked away from me and suddenly everyone started cheering; that was the moment when I realised that I was a married man now. A bunch of strangers came forward to congratulate me and I sunk deeper into the couch, not wanting to pass fake smiles. I wish I could run away!

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें