Chapter Thirty Seven

I am absolutely in love with the new cover😭😍 thanks Fakhrose 😭♥️♥️

I am so into the plot right now, I wrote 3 chapters this weekend 😭😂

I edited twice But if you still see typos, please let me know. I don't think I paid much attention, too sick for that right now 😭😭

______________
———————
PAKEEZAH's POV

Old, brown, dusty. The smell of books engulfed me from outside this building. They smelt like mud after a long rainy day. Fresh but used at the same time. I can't explain but I loved it.

"Hello, my dear!" An aged lady greeted me as soon as I opened the red door. This library was old and so was the door. It creaked so loudly, everyone turned their heads towards me.

"H-hello," I stuttered, smiling at the lady. She was dressed in a red and black kaftan and wore a silver cross around her neck.

"Come in come in," she insisted as she approached me, "you look new!"

"Yeah, I am," I told her, looking around, "I shifted here last week. I live across the road."

I enjoyed the way my voice echoed between these tall walls.

"Oh I see! By the way, I am Daisy," She chirped and took her glasses off, "would you like to sign up? Maria, can help you, my dear."

She looked around for a moment before she spotted another woman dressed in a similar outfit. "That's Maria!"

Maria seemed less approachable. She had boxed frame glasses sitting on the tip of her nose. Her hair were tied up in a bun and few white streaks marked her age. Most importantly, she didn't smile.

"This is my sister, Maria. She will help you," the lady in red and black gown introduced us and asked me to follow Maria. Maria didn't utter a single word; she just took down my details and made a library pass for me.

The Fernandes sisters owned this library. Although the place was maintained through charity, they had a small cafeteria that helped them earn while people, especially older men and women, spent their day time reading novels here.

"Here are young adult fictions, look for authors names and ask one of us if you need anything, okay?" Maria informed me, before walking back to her desk.

This section of the library had tall brown glass cabinets and books were locked inside them. In the center, there was a large grey table with chairs placed around it.

One by one, I began opening the cabinets and looking for books. I could barely understand the names of them, let alone the texts. Soon I switched a children section and picked up a copy of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" and "The Little Red Riding Hood." Each page had larger and fewer words with more pictures. It's a good enough start, right?

"What? This is for kids, dear!" Daisy interrupted me as soon as I sat down to read Snow White.

"I know," I told her, embarrassed, "but I can't read other books. My english is not very good."

"Oh," Daisy frowned, "you want Hindi books?"

"Hindi? I can't read," I shook my head and she sighed.

Daisy sat down beside me and kept her hand on mine, "it's okay. What language do you prefer?"

"Language? Urdu! Mujhe urdu padhni aati hai!  Aapke paas uski kitaabein hein?" I asked Daisy, who stared at me with a blank face.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें