Chapter fifty seven

Hey!!!

I wrote updates and never updated because I was waiting for enough people to read the last few chaps. Please at least vote or leave a comment on chapters so I know you have read them. ❤️🙏🏻

ALSO!!! IF I WROTE A SHORT SPIN-OFF ON HAFSA AND OMAR, HOW MANY OF YOU WILL READ IT? 🙈🙈

I still don't know if it's Aahaana or Ahaana or Aahana. I give up. I'll fix it when I edit this book after I finish writing it. I'll probably be 30, and those spellings won't bother me anymore. 😂

Happy reading 🥰❤️

............................
PAKEEZAH's POV

If I die today, it's on Hussain. I inhaled a deep breath as I hastily applied the brake again, stopping the car instantly in the middle of the road. Tyres screeched behind me, and someone honked so loudly; I was scared it might have damaged my eardrums a little.

I should have left a note for someone. If one of these cars run me over, no one will ever know where I am and that if Hussain hadn't denied me a ride, I wouldn't be here!

A car drove right past me when I didn't press the accelerator fast enough. The man honked and yelled at me at the same time, but I couldn't hear them because the loud horn drowned their voice. I widened my eyes at his hateful expressions, and my hands felt numb. My entire body was shaking by now.

Why did I have to drive alone? I almost started crying when another car honked behind me. Quickly lifting the indicator lever, I moved to my left and parked the car. I was taking space for two cars, but I didn't bother fixing that. I didn't know how to park a car anyway.

I grabbed my phone where Google-maps was still trying to get me to take a U-turn and exited the app before dialling Yasmeen's number.

"I don't know where I am," I cried, panicking all of a sudden, "I couldn't turn right, and now I don't know where to go."

"What?" She asked, "are you driving? Why are you driving? Are you alone? Where the hell is your husband?"

"He was sleeping. I thought I could drive, but I can't. This is so scary," I sobbed, rubbing my shirt's sleeve across my face, "I don't know where I am."

"I will kill Hussain," She groaned and then heaved a loud sigh, "WhatsApp me your location. I am leaving the mall right now."

She disconnected, and I opened the app to send her my location. Now that the car was parked, I felt at peace, and I almost laughed at my nervousness. Last time I drove, it was months ago in Houston and that too on the other side of the road. I thought this would be as easy as it was when Shehryaar used to teach me, but I was so wrong.

Unbuckling my seatbelt, I stepped out of the car and locked it behind me before approaching the market block in front of me. As I spotted a small bakery, my stomach rumbled loudly, reminding me of the last time I ate anything— last night.

"Good morning," A cheerful middle-aged man greeted me as I stepped inside. He had a round, pale face with only a few hairs left on his head. He was covering those with a blue kitchen cap.

"Hello," I responded as I looked around the small space. There were two sets of brown tables with chairs in one corner, glass displays along the opposite wall with food in them and a counter against the wall adjacent to it.

"Could I please grab a Latte with two sugars and one croissant? Thanks," I ordered once the man had slipped behind the counter. He nodded at me as he pressed some buttons on his screen, and I felt somewhat proud of myself for ordering coffee without fumbling with the words. Once I paid, he turned around to make my coffee, and I sat down on a chair with my croissant in a brown bag. It didn't even take me one extra second before I ripped open the bag and devoured it, satisfying the rumbling sound of my stomach.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें