Chapter Thirty Six

Hey!

Before you start, answer this:

Ruksaar, Hafsa or Sanam. Who Do you think Shehry should or should have ended up with??

HAPPY READING!!

SHEHRYAAR's POV

Numerous pairs of Eyes occasionally glancing at me; check.

Gossip floating in the air; check.

Sorry smiles; check.

I guess people cared more about me being here tonight and not the bride and the groom.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I accepted a drink from a waiter and he moved on to the next person. Now that's the kind of people I want to be around tonight. The ones who don't know me and would also mind their own damn business. Sigh!

I glanced at Mama while Hafsa's mother introduced her to Omar's mother and they bonded like long lost sisters. She slightly shifted her gaze towards me and I raised my glass at her. She smiled and looked away again.

I heaved a silent sigh and then smiled down at my glass, trying to hold myself together. Remind me why am I here again? Wasn't Nikah enough?

"Larke walo ki taraf se ho ya larki?" A familiar voice questioned behind me and I could tell it was for me, "yah bas har jagah mera peecha karte karte aa jaate ho?"

I frowned. "Excuse—" I screamed inside my head. "It's you again!"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at Sanam. "You need to stop following me."

Sanam gasped. "Follow toh aap kar rahe hein! Main toh invite le kar aayi hoon," she pulled a scrunched up invitation card out of her small clutch. It looked like she had struggled to fit it in there.

"Toh aur logo ko jaanti bhi hogi?" I asked her and she nodded proudly.

"Toh unka sir khao na, mere peeche peeche kyun ghoom rahi ho?" I snapped and watched her facial expressions change. She widened her eyes and then scowled at me in response.

Suddenly the lights dimmed and boring violinists stopped playing. Soft Bollywood music filled the air as I looked up, only to find Hafsa and Omar walking down the blue carpet. Silver and blue decor seemed to blur before my eyes as the two of them approached the stage.

Hafsa looked like a princess and the smile she wore, made the makeup and heavy outfit look pointless. She looked genuinely happy; maybe more than she did with me. I looked away instantly as my vision blurred. My chest ached again and I suddenly felt like throwing up.

"Omg! She is gorgeous!" Sanam cheered, clapping her hands. Her bangles jingled, in agreement. "Kitni pyaari hai yaar, Omar ki toh lottery lag gayi!"

Why is she still standing here?

"Itni hi pyaari hai toh tum hi karlo usse shadi," I snapped at Sanam.

She widened her eyes at me and then smirked, "Oh, Is someone jealous?"

Very! "Yeah right!" I rolled my eyes, looking away from her. As people moved towards the main stage, I pushed past everyone and ran out of the main door, desperately gasping for fresh air.

A warm gush of air greeted me as soon as I stepped out of the hall. If not those hundred pairs of googly eyes, then this humidity will definitely kill me tonight!

"Oye, Shehyaar!" Someone slapped my back, "Tu yahan kaise?"

I groaned inwardly as I turned around to face a bunch of college mates. Andy, Harry and Jimmy.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें