Chapter Forty One

Hey!

Long time no see 🙈

See now weekly update thing turned out? .... yeah👀

Anywayyy.... enjoy the update 😆❤️

Happy reading!!
________________

SHEHRYAAR's POV
*Afternoon*

I spun the paperweight on the wooden desk. The sunlight bounced off its glass surface, and I squinted my eyes, looking away from it.

"Amjad se baat hui thi meri, uski beti, Ruksaar, woh yahan padhne aana chahti hai," dad announced as he took off his glasses and looked up from his laptop's screen.

I kept my hand on the paperweight to stop it from spinning. Taking a moment to gulp the knot in my throat, I nod my head in acknowledgment. "Good. When is she coming?"

"I don't know," Dad shook his head, "he said she is going to NYU for business studies."

"Wow! That's a tough place to get into!" I frowned, impressed, "good for her."

Dad nodded and continued to type on his laptop. I looked down at my phone and wondered what was taking Gul so long. I asked her to find a number two hours ago!

"Mujhe lagta hai kuch Din humaare yahan hi rahegi. Waise Raheel aa raha hai uske saath par humaara bhi kuch farz banta hai," dad spoke, "yeh jagah unke liye nayi hai, tumhein apna poora waqt dena hoga Unhein."

"But woh yahan Kyun aayegi? NYU isn't in Houston," I said it louder than I intended to. I didn't want to show her around. I didn't want her to misread my intentions again.

"Oh ho, ek do Hafte humaare pas rukk bhi jayegi toh kya hua?" Dad narrowed his eyes at me, and I chose to look away.

"You are right," I shrugged and suppressed my sigh.

"Aur Amjad bol raha tha baccho ko bada yaad karteen hein bhabhi. Tum Hussain ke kaan main yeh baat daal dena. Usse suggest karo ki wapis aane se pehle Pakistan main sabse mil aayein," dad said as a faint smile appeared on his lips, "Pakeezah ko bhi accha lagega."

"I doubt he would go, but I'll try,"  I told him as I spotted Gul from the corner of my eye, standing on the other side of the glass door.

"Main chalta hoon," I announced as I got up from the chair and fixed my suit.

"Gul, I want to see you in my cabin," I ordered as I walked past her and the sound of her heels, urgently tapping on the wooden floor, followed.

"Did you find the number?" I asked as soon as she closed the cabin's door behind her.

"Uhh, yes I did," Gul nodded hesitantly, as she kept a post-it note on my desk, "figured you wouldn't want me to mention it in front of your dad, so I waited."

"Thanks," I told her as I picked up the small piece of yellow paper and unlocked my phone.

" Actually, sir—" Gul paused when I stopped typing and looked up at her. I raised an eyebrow at her and watched as she carefully kept her files on my table.

"Um, If she didn't give you her number. Texting her and basically letting her know you looked it up like some creepy stalker, is only going to make things worse." Gul cleared her throat and stepped back as if wondering if it was time for her to run out of my cabin.

"Why do you think it would make things worse?" I asked her, "how do you know they are bad already?"

"You have been pretty fidgety the whole morning," she shrugged, "last time you were this anxious was when you had forgotten to wish Hafsa Ma'am on her—" she widened her eyes and lowered her head instantly, "sorry."

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें