Chapter fifty six

Life update: work is exhausting. It makes me so tired and I realised why my updates take forever. It drains me mentally. Send help 😩😷😭

I just had a wisdom tooth extracted so it took me a while but here is the update 😆

I have just been told there are still a lot of typos... I'll fix them later, I can't be bothered right now 🙈

I like this chapter. It's cute.

Happy reading :)

________________
SHEHRYAAR's POV

"I think I should have a quick pre-presentation meeting today to discuss some pointers with the team," I scratched my stubble, talking mostly to myself.

Gul sighed in agreement beside me. "And maybe run a quick spell check," she commented as she looked up and grinned, "do you ever proof read your work?"

"What did I spell wrong this time?" I asked her, tiredly, "I was up until four, finishing this. I couldn't be bothered."

"Imagine presenting slides on the projector with 'brother' instead of 'bother'," she chuckled, pushing her glasses up her nose, and ducked her face behind her laptop's screen again, reading my slides.

"As far as I remember, I haven't used that word anywhere," I frowned as I leaned forward to grab my computer, "where is it?"

"It's not," she shrugged, "I said imagine."

I stared at her for a moment and she snickered without looking up at me. "Very funny," I made a face at her once she stopped.

Sometimes I really wonder what would our relationship be like if she wasn't working for me. I'd probably hate her for being too bossy and irritating. But then she might not even stick around to hear me whine about my problems if she wasn't being forced to like she is right now.

I voiced my thoughts when we had nothing to talk about.

"Nah, I think we would have still found our way back to each other. If not my boss, you could have been anyone else," she gave it a thought and grinned, "my husband's friend? My cousin? Plumber? Electrician? My house servant! I'd love to scare you with the whole I will fire you crap you keep giving me all the time."

I blinked, taken aback. I sound like a bully! I chose not to tell her though.

"Plumber? Servant? Really?" I gave her a bored look instead.

"You gave me a job when I needed it the most. If anything, I would always be grateful to you," she smiled as she closed her laptop's cover, "and I am done for the day, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Done for the day? Excuse me? I need you to arrange the meeting so we can discuss pointers!" I told her as she stood up. She frowned at me and then mouthed 'oh.'

"You were serious about it?" She blinked me, "oh you don't know?"

"I don't know what?" I asked her as she sat down again.

"You do know that no ones there outside, right?" She asked me, "your father gave everyone paid half day off so we can attend some fundraiser. He said he wants all his staff members to take their families to go and support."

"Sanam's fundraiser?" I asked and Gul nodded at me, "He said that?" I asked her to confirm, my frown deepening. What the heck? He gave everyone paid hours off to attend Sanam's fundraiser? Why is that so important?

I leaned back in my chair and cleared my throat, "so, are you going?"

"Duh," she rolled her eyes, "I am getting paid to enjoy. Why not?"

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें