Chapter Twenty Four

Hey! its Saturday and this Chapter is still short /.\

Scenes weren't fitting together so I couldn't throw everything into one chapter. But chapter 25 will be updated soon :)

PAKEEZAH's POV

"No dad I won't! You can't force me to!" Hussain screamed in the living room while I was preparing dinner in the kitchen. I tried keeping up with the conversation but I couldn't understand much. I could tell they were arguing about something but I didn't know about what.

Even Aunty looked so tensed so I didn't bother asking her. She kept glancing at me, maybe trying to figure out if I understood anything.

"Chicken is ready," I informed her as I took the hot pot off the stove and she checked the rice that were boiling on the other stove.

"And I am not going to let her sabotage my career like this! She is not coming and that's final!" Hussain screamed again.

"Hussain Mujhe majboor mat karo! Main bol raha hoon accha nahi hoga!" Uncle yelled back, his voice was loud and full of authority.

I frowned at Aunty, expecting her to explain but she looked away. Quickly pouring the curry in a serving bowl, I headed out.

"Dinner is ready!" I interrupted their argument, trying to release some tension. Uncle's face softened instantly and he nodded at me. He glanced at Hussain again before heading towards the dining room.

Hussain, on the other hand, was looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Hussain, aa jaayein?" I insisted and he rolled his eyes. He was about to leave the room when shehryaar blocked his way and gestured him to walk with him instead.

As Aunty served chicken curry to everyone, Maha and I brought the rest of the food out. I was going to sit next to Aunty when uncle instructed me to sit next to Hussain. I saw him shift uncomfortably, when I sat down, until finally he lifted himself off the chair and slightly shifted it away from me. Itna toh larkiyaan bhi nahi door bhaagteen.

"Pakeezah, kal subha jaa kar kuch kapre khareed lena," uncle told me once he finished eating, "kal hussain ke friend ke ghar party hai. You should go with him."

I looked at Hussain, who didn't look that happy, and then smiled at uncle. "Okay."

Uncle wiped his face with a napkin and got up to leave. As soon as he left the room, Hussain dropped his spoon in the plate and walked out, furiously. He had hardly eaten anything. When I looked at Aunty, confused, she gave me a half smile and got up from the table. No one felt like eating anymore.

"Jet lag," Shehryaar suggested, uncomfortably, and left the room before I could ask him what 'jet lag' meant.

I guess all of them knew what was happening but I had no idea. Sighing, I cleared the table and washed the dishes before making tea for Hussain and taking it to the bedroom for him.

When I opened the door, I found Hussain standing by the glass door. There was a small deck outside with colourful flowers pots marking its boundary. The best part about it was that every night the moon would shine right outside this door. I loved staring at it whenever I had the time too.

Keeping the tray on the dressing table, I picked up Hussain's mug and went close to him.

"Chai," I offered, startling him. He jumped back, looking surprised, as if I had pulled him out of his thoughts.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें