Chapter Sixty two

Aaaah late again!!

Happy New Year guys!!

My list of excuses keeps getting longer but December is always busy because of work and then my dad had a subdural hemorrhage on New Year. So you can imagine how exciting (not!) 2021 has been so far 🌝🙃

Well, things are getting better now so here I am. Finally !!

Oh and a BIG SHOUT OUT to _MissMoody_  Rudrakshi_db  dreamers269  and all of you for sticking around no matter what ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

_________
RECAP:

Pakeezah finds out she is pregnant.
Ifraz comes to apologize to her.
Adeel and Yasmeen leave for their trip.
Hussain lands in London but Aahaana meets him at the airport and he goes with her.
Sanam is confused about Shehryaar and Fahad.

___________
SANAM's POV

A gold neckpiece with large pearls and diamonds covering every millimeter of its surface. They covered the entire length of it. I was surprised the lock was not made from diamonds too. There were matching earrings too and I didn't need to wear them to know how heavy they were.

Then there was a ring. Again, with a huge diamond sitting on top of it. It looked expensive but also very .... tacky.

"Yeh Fahad ki ammi layeen thi aaj subha," ammi informed me.

"Toh main kya karu?" I asked instead. My blood was boiling. I felt unheard and disrespected. When I already told Fahad I need time, how dare he send his mother here?

Besides, if he knew me at all, he would not have sent such heavy jewelry. I hate it.

"She wants to make it official. And you still haven't told us what you want." Ammi spoke.

I sighed, "that's because I haven't decided yet and I told that to Fahad."

"But she is too eager, Sanam. She is acting as if you two are getting married tomorrow." Ammi said as she pressed a hand against her forehead, "Shaista bhabhi called me this morning to congratulate because she heard—"

"What?" I blurted out louder than I intended too, "she knows? How do they know? Does Sheh—" I paused, realizing my mistake, "Why would Fahad's Ammi announce it like that?"

"Kyunki aisa hi hota hai," baba sighed from the other end of the dining table. He had his hands folded together, propped up by his elbows, and his chin resting on top of them. "Humare waqt main– aur abhi bhi. Jab rishta ho jaata hai, uska baad hi iss tarah ghooma phira jaata hai. Yeh toh Humnein tumhe chhoot do thi. Har koi nahi deta."

"Choot?" I chuckled, rolling my eyes, "it's my basic right to pick my life partner. Baba..." I sighed when he didn't find my comment funny. It's ironic how while growing up he always encouraged me to stand up for myself and now he was making my basic rights as a human sound like a luxury.

"Humein yeh bhi nahi pata ki tum kya chahti ho. Toh hum auro ka mooh kaise band karein?" Baba asked me before slamming his fists on the table. "Fahad ke ghar walo ko kuch toh reason dena padega na! Logo ko jawab chahiye hota hai. Unka bhi Haq hai."

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें