Chapter sixty three

Hello!!!

Thanks for waiting. Horrible 2 months at work. I haven't had a weekend in so long 😭😭😭

A/N update: it has been a month since I wrote that line. It's a horrible year in general. Since chapter 62 came out, I have lost 3 relatives to Covid and someone very close to me as a result of Covid's side effects. You can recover from Covid but you never know what underlying life-threatening illnesses or disorders it may trigger. Please stay safe and take care of others around you especially your grandparents <3

_________

Recap:
Sanam is very upset with Shehryaar and thinks he knew about the rishta.
Aahaana stops Hussain at the airport.
Ifraz comes back to meet Pakeezah.

_________

PAKEEZAH's POV

My limbs were shaking. I wanted to take a break but I couldn't afford to stop. The smell of medicines was nauseating . I was trying my best to ignore it but every part of me was registering it as a nightmare.

Last time I was in the hospital for someone I loved, I lost her forever. My mother. And this time—

"Pakeezah, over there," Ifraz guided me towards the ward the receptionist had directed us to.

"Tum wait karo. Main doctor ko dekh kar aata hoon," he insisted. This place was chaotic; too many machines beeping, too many people talking and too many doors opening and closing. Everything made my head spin.

"Okay," I nodded, not having the strength to argue, and sat down on the seat available. Ifraz disappeared behind closed door while I clutched the edges of my seat tightly, feeling helpless and lost.

"And so we meet again," I instantly looked up, recognizing the voice I somehow disliked the most. Aahaana stood in front of me, tall and proud.

"Aww! Are you okay?" She asked me. The frown on her face made me believe for a moment that she actually cared. A good actor!

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. My tone was giving away my irritation, maybe making me sound weak and insecure but I didn't care.

"Me? Oh well," she shook her head, still frowning, but I didn't miss the smirk that appeared on her lips for just half a second, "I was with Hussain when this happened. He fought well, you know."

"Fought? What were you guys doing?" I asked, losing my patience this time.

"Relax," Aahaana chuckled, rolling her eyes at me, "we were just out drinking for old time sake. But his tolerance sucks. Got drunk, picked a fight and ended up here. Poor guy."

Hussain doesn't drink! I tried to protest but nothing came out of my mouth. I don't know that for sure. What if he does?

Stop doubting him! I told myself and stood up. I was shorter than this woman, but I couldn't allow myself to look weak and small.

"Why are you here?" I asked her instead.

She rolled her eyes at me, "I brought him here. But now I have to go. I can't baby sit him, you know. I don't care about him enough to do so. Besides, unlike you, I have a life." She carelessly shrugged her shoulders and my blood boiled. Is she the reason why Hussain is here? She is not even worth it.

"Get out," I told her in response, and she snorted.

"Like I said, I am not planning to stay," She rolled her eyes again and then smirked at me, "tell Hussain I enjoyed his company, will you?"

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें