Chapter fifty three

Hey!!!

I hope you guys are doing okay. My thoughts are with those who are suffering and doctors who are putting their own lives in danger to save ours.

Please stay away from public places guys. This is the least you can do for your country and people..

(I wrote that note before Lockdown. If you made it this far, congrats. It's been mentally and emotional exhausting. I can't believe I miss going to work.)

I have only read the whole chapter once so there might still be spelling and grammar mistakes.

Happy reading ❤️
——————————

Recap: Shehryaar tries to hire a detective to find out more about Fahad but his assistant refuses to help him.
Yasmine arrives in London and they take Pakeezah to watch the sunrise.
Adeel is worried about Ahaanaa trying to jeopardize Hussain's career.
Hussain asks Pakeezah to join him at the special screening.

———————————

SANAM's POV

I pinned the dupatta on my shoulder before carefully spreading it in front of my kameez. Tucking in the fabric, I made sure the pleats were well in place.

"You look like you might be getting married tonight," Shifa commented as she came forward and leaned towards my dressing table. She picked up my pink lipstick and dabbed some on her lips. Not too much since baba absolutely hate it when we apply too much makeup.

"It's just a casual dinner," I murmured, reminding myself, as I released a sharp, nervous breath. I wanted to curse loudly.

"Exactly!" Shifa rolled her eyes, "drop the plazo!"

I frowned at my black plazo. It had purple, shiny sequins work on it, matching my purple kameez.

"It looks fine!" I protested, trying to ignore the knot in my stomach. "It just looks fancy because I am the one wearing it!"

I flipped my hair, brushing away her bored stare. I look good—Full stop.

Shifa raised an eyebrow at me, before shrugging, "whatever. Mama will be so proud of you. For once you are looking so pretty and elegant. Too bad Hussain Asif is married already!"

"Why the hell would you mention that?" I frowned, questioning, "I don't care and besides, he is not even going to be there."

My stomach churned. He might not be there tonight, but someone else definitely will be!

"I know," Shifa nodded as she picked up her dupatta, "you know what's funny? There is absolutely no mention of his wedding online. Just a couple of articles that suggested it might be a rumor. Weird, right?"

I stopped to look at her through the mirror's reflection, "He is married though."

"Yeah, his wife came on your birthday. I didn't even realise it until after when I saw them going home in the same car," Shifa scrolled through her phone, "see, not a single photo on his social media. That's just shady."

"I guess," I shrugged, remembering our brief meeting, "I barely met her but I am pretty sure she is taller than me and slimmer. She is beautiful though."

I glanced at my reflection and turned slightly. "You think this outfit looks tight on me? I haven't been to the gym lately." I asked Shifa, focusing on the extra kilos that I am sure I had gained around my hips and waist.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें