Chapter Sixteen

Hey!

Before you throw bricks at me, just know that you have no idea how badly I wanted to update. Thank God uni is over.... for 2 weeks that is 😪 I want a longer break; long enough to run away somewhere and just write.

I want to start ERJS already but this one is taking forever 😒😒 I'll probably finish it when it's actually 2019🤦🏼‍♀️

Anyway, here is a recap:

Everyone returns to Houston and Hussain tells his parents that he will not share a room with Pakeezah. His father warns him about treating her nicely. Shehryaar goes to propose Hafsa but is left heartbroken upon realizing that she is now engaged to someone else.

Don't forget to comment and vote :)
Happy reading ❤️

___________

HANIYA's POV

Ever wondered which emotion goes hand in hand with love? I say it's pain. Love itself is all about pain.

It's like a constant battle and comes at the cost of your own happiness. You can either get the one you love or sacrifice it all for your loved ones. And it gets worse when misunderstandings arise.

If I had to pick a word to describe my sister right now; it would be 'broken'. What she did to Shehryaar wasn't right but it's not like she is proud of that decision. At least it doesn't seem like she is.

Over the past few days, I have only seen her a couple of times. She either stays locked inside her room or at work. Doesn't talk or interact with us in any way.

It's Sunday today and she didn't have a choice but to stay at home, so clutching on to a tray with two cups of tea, I quietly entered her room, only to find her sitting at the edge of her bed, silently staring at her empty fingers. Yeah, she didn't even bother wearing her engagement ring after that day.

"Good morning!" I cheered loudly as I kept the tray on her bed and went towards the window to pull the curtains apart.

"Haniya stop!" She whimpered instantly, hiding her face behind her pillow.

"What?" I frowned at her and opened the window, "you need some fresh air in here. And look what I got you. Chai and samosa. You like them, don't you?"

I sat down on her bed and she stood up. I sighed when she shut the window with a bang and drew the curtains.

"I don't need fresh air. You can get plenty in your own room," she muttered, "and I don't want to eat anything either. I was just going to take a nap."

"Nap? It's nine and you probably just woke up," I frowned at her. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "But I am not hungry."

"Okay, but I am and I am going to eat in my sister's room," I got up, opened the curtains and window again, and grabbed some pillows before making myself comfortable, "you know how long it took me to make it and you don't even care."

"Fine,"'she grabbed a hot, freshly fried samosa and stuffed it in her mouth.

"Happy now?" she spoke with her mouth still full, "or are you also going to emotionally blackmail me?"

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें